year two: lockhart the loser

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

❛Give me my galleon, Fred!❜

After breakfast at the Burrow, Hope Lupin-Black, Harry Potter, and the Weasley boys walked up the grassy hill to the small paddock that the Weasley family owned

After breakfast at the Burrow, Hope Lupin-Black, Harry Potter, and the Weasley boys walked up the grassy hill to the small paddock that the Weasley family owned. It was surrounded by pine trees which reduced the visibility from the neighboring houses. Which also meant it was the perfect spot to practice Quidditch.

Harry Potter had been at the burrow only two days but during those days, he had played Quidditch with Ron and Hope. As he played the sport with his friends, he realized that this was what they had grown up with in the Wizarding World. Which made him realize how different his life at the Dursleys truly was.

"I'm telling you, George," stressed Hope as they approached the paddock. "He's our future seeker. Just wait, you'll see."

George Weasley raised an eyebrow skeptically. "We've never even seen him play—"

"I have, and I'm the best judge of a player," she interrupted with a smirk, grabbing the Potter boy by the arm. "You'll save our team. You are exactly what we need."

Ron raised his hands in the air as he looked at his brother. "I may not play Quidditch, but he did seem like a good seeker."

"See?"

The younger Weasley twin only narrowed his eyes at his brother, chuckling slightly as he ruffled the hair on his younger brother's head. "Probably better than you, huh, Ron? Well, I guess we'll have to see."

Fred started to laugh from beside him as he mentioned. "Anyone's better than Towlers."

Once they got to the paddock, Hope pulled out the golden snitch which was strapped into the center of the old Quidditch set. She grasped it firmly in her hand before letting it go, the snitch flying wildly across the air.

"Harry," Hope spoke up, earning the boy's attention as he stopped looking around. "Where is it?"

"Uh, what?"

"The snitch, Harry. Where is it?"

Both of the Weasley twins began to look suspicious, not believing that Harry Potter could spot the snitch from his place on the ground. As his eyes darted around the field, Hope Lupin-Black's smirk only grew wider.