year one: forbidden forest

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

❛I'm sorry about breaking your nose.❜

At eleven o'clock the following night, Hope Lupin-Black, Harry Potter, and Neville Longbottom walked down to the Entrance Hall of Hogwarts to go to their detention

At eleven o'clock the following night, Hope Lupin-Black, Harry Potter, and Neville Longbottom walked down to the Entrance Hall of Hogwarts to go to their detention. Filch stood at the bottom of the stairs already with Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin trying to look victorious.

"Follow me," ordered Filch, lighting a small hand-help lamp as he took steps towards the open door. "I bet you'll all think twice about breaking a school rule again, won't you, eh?"

Hope rolled her eyes as she whispered to Neville. "Only because we wouldn't risk the chance of being alone with him again."

"Oh yes, hard work and pain are the best teachers if you ask me," Filch continued on. "It's just a pity they let the old punishments die out. Hang you by your wrists from the ceiling for days. I've still got the chains in my office, keep 'em oiled up in case they're ever needed."

The Longbottom boy looked ready to cry at his words, but Harry only commented. "Isn't that creepy? I think it's creepy."

"Neville, he's lying, it's going to be fine—"

Argus Filch turned around to face the four first-years, glaring his eyes as he spoke. "Right then, off we go, and don't think of running off. It'll be worse if you do."

As they all marched off across the dark grounds of Hogwarts, Neville couldn't help the tears that gathered in his eyes. But Harry and Hope couldn't help what their horrible punishment would be, the fact that Filch seemed excited scared them more.

With the moon still shining bright, it kept the five from being in complete darkness as they continued on. Once they got closer to their destination, the two Gryffindors immediately recognized Hagrid's Hut. And then they heard the distant shout of the Gameskeeper.

"Is that you, Filch? Hurry up, I want ter get started."

The three Gryffindors let out a sigh of relief once they saw Hagrid, but Filch noticed and scoffed. "I suppose you think you'll be enjoying yourself with that oaf? Well, think again. It's into the Forest you'll go and I'm much mistaken if you'll all come out in one piece."