year two: diaries of a teenage boy

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

❛You scared off Ginny!❜

Hogwarts had an eerie feeling to it once Muggle-borns began to get petrified

Hogwarts had an eerie feeling to it once Muggle-borns began to get petrified. Hope, Harry, and Ron wandered the corridors later in the night. The floor of the girl's bathroom was flooded with water and cries were heard from Myrtle.

Harry stepped straight into the water, soaking his slippers. "Looks like Myrtle flooded the bathroom."

Hope made a gagging noise. "Gross, toilet water."

As the three Gryffindors walked around to the next stall, the ghost spun around defensively in anger. "Come to throw something at me?"

"Why would I throw something at you?" Harry asked in confusion.

"Do you want me to throw something at you?"

"Hope--"

Myrtle shrugged. "Don't ask me. Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me!"

"But it can't hurt very much. I mean, it'd just go right through you, wouldn't it?" Ron tried to explain, as if stating the obvious.

The ghost got visibly angry, and slightly hurt. "Oh, sure! Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it! Ten points if it goes through her stomach, fifty points if it goes through her head!"

Harry looked intrigued. "Who threw it anyways?"

Hope picked up the soggy, dirty, old book. And looked at Ron. "Fifty points if I can get it through her nose."

The three kids dashed out of the bathroom that the ghost stayed, as she got furious. Once they started to walk, Harry examined the book further.

"It looks like a diary. It's very old."

"Open it." pressured Ron.

Hope looked at the two boys. "Are you idiotic? You found it in a toilet. You don't just open books you find! It could be cursed."