year one: dragons

CHAPTER FIFTEEN AND A HALF

❛He's a weirdo.❜

Hope Lupin-Black and Cedric Diggory sat in the library, reading the different books on magical creatures

Hope Lupin-Black and Cedric Diggory sat in the library, reading the different books on magical creatures. Cedric was looking into Pukwudgie, little goblins from the United States, while Hope looked further into dragons.

"Did you know that female dragons are larger than males?" asked Hope, looking up from her book.

Cedric's eyebrows raised in surprise. "Really? I wouldn't have guessed that."

"It is a fact," she laughed, reading further along. "They're more dominant, too."

"Woah, would you look at this, J," he spoke in awe, showing her the picture of the goblin. "Look at these arrows that they carry."

"Those are awesome—"

Before she could continue, Cedric was already talking again. "I just don't understand how they can classify them. I mean, come on, being or beast? They're creatures, not beasts."

Hope sighed, nodding her head in agreeance. "I wonder who even classifies them, I mean have they actually seen these creatures?"

The Diggory boy shook his head, glaring at the page in the book. "It's stupid. It isn't some werewolves' fault that they were turned. Dragons are just misunderstood. Honestly, the gnomes might be the most dangerous, always infesting your gardens."

Professor Quirrell walked into the library, the door loudly opening interrupting the conversation between Cedric and Hope. The Lupin-Black girl narrowed her eyes at the visibly nervous man, wondering what he was up to this time.

"Don't pay him any attention, he's a weirdo," said Cedric, letting out a small laugh.

"What do you mean?"

"According to Dad, he was always a gullible kid in school. Always had a deep interest for the Dark Arts, he just hid with his love for Muggle Studies," explained Cedric, shrugging his shoulders. "He's probably not up to any good. We should probably just leave him be."