🌻|23|тıccı тσвy|🌻

! I use she/her pronouns so if you're he/him or they/them please don't be mad

~†~

(Y/n) had always love the fireflies in the late summer nights. Nobody knew why and nobody asked, so she never told.

This was quite an interesting thing about (Y/n) - she love the big city lights and yet would bleed to see a few fireflies once again.

Too bad she got lost too many times in the forest just to see those bugs.

Everybody knew about her love for the fireflies, but a certain person was interested in her and love for the bugs.

We all know who it is.

~†~

The guys were chilling in the living room (5 feet apart 'cause they're not gay- sorry I had to) on the couch, talking about nearly everything that came on their mind.

"Have you ever tried eating a frog?"

"The fu- are you high?!"

"No, it's probably just that you were on a mission. And on the dinner were some frog legs."

"Were the legs thick?"

"Flexing. Anyways, they taste like a chicken."

And so on with their conversation. At some point Toby felt like something was missing. A little detail that he was so used to and yet couldn't remember.

And it hit him - (Y/n) haven't come down in quite a while.

"... Did you notice (Y/n) is in her room for quite a while? Why is she-"

"Now, loverboy, listen - 1st : it's the firefly nights and she can't go and see the besties because she's afraid she'll get lost again and 2nd : crying over anime or some shit."

"But she is in her room for too long- I mean, she always comes down to take a snack. She always does this, it's like a routine."

"Jeez, if you're so worried then go check if she's ok."

"Ok."

And with that he stood up and went up to check on the girl.

He went into the room to see it was like a cave - a bit untidy and the girl on the bed that was a complete mess.

More importantly, (Y/n) had a few tears as she was looking at the laptop, watching the anime.

"(Y/n), why are you crying again?"

"Se-Setsuko shound't have d-ied! Look at h-her!"

Toby looked at the screen to see a figure near a something burning with fireflies around the scene.

(Grave of the fireflies - if you watched it too you're lowkey deoressed too, aren't you?)

And he looked at (Y/n) again... it would be quite hard to bring back the moond again.

And a bright thought came in Toby's mind.

"(Y/n), how about we go later in the forest? I know a great open spot and I'm sure there will be a lot of fireflies!"

"Mhm, ok."

A tiny, hopeful smile appeared on the crying girl's face.

~†~

(Y/n) and Toby had gone on their merry way to the spot with the sun falling down the horizon.

The dusk is a beautiful thing to see in the forest - hundred of colors scattered across the sky, the soft glow of the moon and the appearing stars over the woods.

"Hey, I have a question - why do you love fireflies so much? I mean, it's not a problem but-"

"No, don't worry! You see, me and my grandma always loves fireflies and at least once a week we would take a walk in the forest to see them.

Also, me and my friends would walk by the main forest road at the clearing and there were always fireflies. They would always catch at least one just to give it to me and see me smile.

We had that believing that when I name a firefly and we all wish something it would happen. Actually, it always happened. We all joked I was a witch or had some magical powers..."

After that it was all silence. It was that comfortable silence, just enjoying each other presence.

The trees cleared and now (Y/n) and Toby were on a big open field.

It was covered it bright green grass and flowers with no trees to disturb the scene.

The sky was lighten up by the millions of stars, constellations all over the landscape with the soft yet eye-catching glow of the moon.

(Y/n) and Toby looked at each other and smile like idiots - they both had the same idea.

With laughter filling the silence they ran around the field, fireflies leaping away from the grass, flying around the people in the field.

"(Y/n), come here!"

(Y/n) ran over to Toby only to see him with his hand cupping each other.

He looked at the girl eyes and smiled.

"Wish something!"

And with that the boy opened with hand widely, thousand of fireflies flowing from his hands.

~†~

After a few hours (Y/n) and Toby lied down the grass, looking over the sky.

"Hey, Toby, do you know any constellations?"

"Nope, nobody taught me."

"This is the Big bear, you see it? This over there is my favorite - Orion! There, with the 3 stars. Did you know there's a galaxy in that constellation?"

And so the time went on, (Y/n) and Toby talking about everything.

In the end there was just a comforting silence, both of them just listening to the crickets sounds and the soft sound of the wind blowing trough the leaves.

In that moment Toby held (Y/n)'s hand. They looked at each other and there were no words needed.

They both knew what the other wanted to say.

I love you.

~

~

†~

Hey, I haven't been active, haven't I? Sorry, I had a block but thanks to my friends I wrote about in the fic an idea came. Actually the part with the catching, naming and wishing is actually true!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! Requests are always open and I always write the request! Have a nice day or night and keep safe!💛