Chapter 22 ♥

MARY POV

Next Morning

“Morning mom”

“Morning honey, what are you doing today being it is Sunday and all?” my mom replied

“Mom I need to speak with you”

“Ok shoot”

“Well I hate lying to you so I’m going to tell you everything”

“Ok, continue”

“Well you know the last time you saw Niall, you told me to kind of stay away from him, and well I didn’t. Every time I told you I was hanging out with Kajol, I wasn’t hanging out with her alone. I used her as a cover so I could hang out with Niall.” I told her

“Mary…” my mom started but I cut her off

“I know mom, you trusted me and I broke your promise. But the thing was I missed my friend. We did see each other in 2 years. We have grown up and we won’t make any stupid mistakes like we did in Ireland”

“Mary, you thing I didn’t know that you were hanging out with Niall all this time. Well I knew. I knew that he keeps you happy and that you missed him. I have also given Niall consent to hang out with you.”

“Wait you knew and you gave Niall permission. When did that happen?”

“I told him that I knew when I talked to him for mother’s day and he asked so I told him it was alright but you guys won’t be doing anything that I won’t want you guys do. Promise me Mary”

“Mom, I promise. We are just friends. We aren’t dating or anything else but friends.” I said as it was partially true.  We were not dating, however we did kiss and admit that our feelings for each other but we were not official and we haven’t gone on dates as yet.

“Oh and Mary I did see those pictures that were released of you and Niall kissing. Some was from Ireland and some very recent and I also know about the thing that happened in school.”

“Oh” was all I said

“But I know that those weren’t your fault especially the ones that were recent”

“Okay. I was all Niall but how did you find out?”

“Oh Kajol sister, Varuna sought of spill by accident so don’t go all crazy on her”

“I can’t promise anything but are you mad that I kept everything from you?”

“No, remember I was a teenager once and I have secrets that I have kept from my parents during those years and still haven’t told them about.”

“Oh okay, thanks for the heads up. Now I can keep my secrets from you just like you kept yours from your parents.”

“Yes parents don’t need to know everything. Girls are allowed to keep a few secrets to themselves.”

“Thanks mom. I love you”

“I love you to honey.”

A huge weight was lifted of my shoulder. Now I can go and hang out with the guys without lying and sneaking around. I can be myself and I know for sure which secret I am keeping from my mom. Hopefully no one spills it.