Chapter 42 ♥

MARY POV

3rd December 2013.

‘It started with a whisper

And that was when I kissed her…’ my alarm went off

I groaned and shut it off and looked at the time it was 6:30 am.

I went to the bath room and took a bath and got change into a blue tank top with a pink adidas hoodie, a shorts and flip flops. To accessorise i wore a multicolour bracelet. 

I held my hair together and put it in a messy bun.

I was not feeling in the mood to dress up.

I walked down the stairs as I saw my mum and Maura sitting at the breakfast bar sipping coffee. I walk over to them.

“Morning”

“Morning babe and Happy Birthday” my mum screamed.

“Thanks” I mutter. I cannot believe that I just forgot my own birthday. Oh well it does not matter since I will not be celebrating it this year.

My mum handed me a present and Maura did the same as well as wishing me a Happy Birthday.

Today made me 19 years.

My mom got me a silver bracelet with pearls in between each design while Maura got me a matching chain. 

Both gifts were exceptionally beautiful. They both made me put on their gifts before I was ready to leave.

“Mom thanks for the breakfast. I have to go if I don’t want to be late.” I said as I was getting up.

“Ok, well I have to tell you something”

“Sure go ahead”

“Well I the boy mum want to meet you tonight for dinner with her son. Is that alright?”

“Sure, because I don’t think I am doing anything later. But make sure he isn’t some pervert” I said to her.

“I’m sure he is not. You are going to like him. I promise,” she said assuring me.

“Alright bye” I said as I left the kitchen grabbing my bag and headed to my car.

~~~SKIP CLASSES~~~

Everyone in school wished me happy birthday but I am still not in the mood. I pulled my hoodie over my head as I got out if the car.

I unlocked the door to my house when suddenly my phone rang

‘So I cross my heart and I hope to die

That I'll only stay with you one more night’

Me; Hello

?; Hi, Mary? This is Maura

Me; Oh hey what is up?

Maura; do you know where Niall is? I have been trying to get a hold of him but he will not answer his phone.

Me: I am not sure but let me check and see if he is here. I just reached home

Maura; sure honey

I opened the door and walked to the living room. Niall was there and he was sleeping with a few beer bottles around him.

Me; yes he is here. Do you want to speak with him?

Maura; yes please

I tried to wake him up but he will not budge.

Me; he won’t wake up

Maura; go to the kitchen and grab a glass full of water and throw it on him.

I did as was told.

‘What do you want bitch!’ Niall screamed

“Here your mum wants to speak with you” I said handing him the phone.

Niall: Hello

Maura: What did you call her?

Niall: A Bitch

Maura: put me on speaker phone now

Niall did what his mother told him

Maura: Now Niall apologise to Mary

Niall: Why should I? She poured water on me while I was asleep.

Maura: She did that because I told her to, now APOLOGISE.

Niall: Fine, I am sorry for calling you a bitch

Me: Apology accepted

Maura: Now Niall get here now we need to speak and do not go calling or being mean to Mary. Got that.

Niall: Yes mother

Maura: By babe

Niall: Bye Mom

Maura: I was not speaking to you. I was talking to Mary. You may have broken off your relationship with her but she is still my daughter.

Niall: whatever

“Bye mom” I said smirking towards Niall. He hung up, handed me phone and left immediately.