Chapter 34 ♥

MARY POV

I opened the door to see 7 people dressed in tuxedos and prom dresses.

There was Liam, Danielle, Louis, Eleanor, and Zayn who had a corsage for Kajol, Harry and Niall with a corsage as well.

I invited them in as Kajol parents wanted to take photos of us and our dates.

Niall was the last to enter the house. I stopped him and whispered “This means nothing, I’m only doing this for my best friend and we tell them the truth after the dance”

He nodded and gave me the corsage and kissed me on the cheek so it would look like we were a couple.

The couples took pictures by themselves first. Liam and Danielle went first, followed by Zayn and Kajol, then Louis and Eleanor and then Niall and I. then we had a group picture with all of us. I was between Niall and Harry.

I felt bad that Harry did not have a date so I decided that I would dance a couple of songs with him unless he got himself a date.

 When we got to the dance, the music was blasting away. We entered and took a few more pictures and then enter the dancing area.

I was walking along with the group when I bounced into someone.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean that” I said as I extended my hand to the person that I had knocked down without looking at the person.

“Oh it’s okay… Mary” a deep voice said.

“Dylan what are you doing here?” I asked s I pulled him up

“I came with Emily,” he said

“Oh right your girlfriend. Where is she?

“Right here!” I heard another voice coming from behind me

“Emily!” I shouted as I hugged her

“Mary!’ she mimicked me “So how do you know my boyfriend?” she asked

“Oh we were friends when we were younger”

“Okay cool and who are your friends?” she said winking

“Umm… this is Liam, Danielle, Eleanor, Louis, Harry, Zayn Kajol’s Boyfriend and Niall my boyfriend,” I said as I pointed to everyone

“And guys this is Emily and Dylan”

“Hey Dylan, it’s been a while” Niall said

“Yeah it sure has been” Dylan replied

“Hi” Emily whispered who was star struck.

“Hey” they replied

“Babe why didn’t you tell me that you had met 1/5 of one direction?” Emily asked Dylan as she smacked his arm.

“Well it wasn’t a big deal”

“How did you guys meet anyways?”

“Through Mary” he replied and she just nodded.

As we entered all eyes was on us.

Everyone whispered and took pictures of us but most because of the boys and girls, being famous and all.

We danced as a group because they were only playing up beat music but then it died down a little. The music and stop and then I saw the chaperon walked onto stage with a spotlight on her.

“Good night everyone, it is time to announce the prom queen and prom king. The prom queen goes to…………Marissa Sam” she said

I was very surprised because I did not know I was in the running. I walked up on stage, got my crown, and waited to hear who was prom King.

She continued “And the prom King goes to…………Niall Horan”

He made his way to the stage and collected his crown as well.

“And now if you can clear the dance floor so the King and Queen can have their first dance.” She asked nicely.

Niall took my hand and said with a smirk “Shall we my Queen”  

I just nodded and we made our way to the centre of the stage and waited for the song to start.

FOREVER YOUNG by Alphaville, started. I wonder if it was a coincidence.

Niall and I started to move to the rhythm of the music and then he whispered

“Don’t you think this is a sign?”

“Sign for what?”

“A sign that we should be together, I mean when we got together last month, when we kissed, this song was playing in the background”

I shook my head “I don’t think it is. I’m sorry”

Before he could respond, Harry interrupted.

“May I interrupt? Some girl won’t leave me alone” Harry asked Niall and he just nodded and seemed slightly angry before he walked away.

“Did I interrupt something important, because he seemed upset when he left” Harry asked me

“No you didn’t”

“So why was he upset then?” Harry continued to ask me questions as we danced.

“Well he wanted us to get back together but I told him no”

“What the hell. When did you to break up?”

“Last week when I was in Florida”

“Oh I’m sorry but why did you break up?”

“He cheated on me”

“So why are you here with him tonight?”

“Well Kajol was so happy that we were going to prom with you guys and I didn’t want it to be awkward with you all if you knew we were broken up so I pretended that we were still dating”

“It’s his lost anyway,” Harry mumbled

“Yeah it is but Harry I won’t go out with you. I hope you know that”

“I know but it won’t hurt to try”

“I know but I don’t think I would go for any of his friends again or anyone famous”

“No problem once we can still be friend.”

“Sure” I replied, as I know noticed that the song had changed and I went to kiss Harry cheek as a friend but someone shouting stopped me

“What the hell!” and the next thing I know Harry is in the ground hold his face.