Chapter 12

"I'm really sorry" Aiko bow her head in shame infront of Nishinoya who was holding her hankerchief on his bloody nose. "It's alright, it's alright..... I am honored to be hug by a beatiful girl such as yourself Kageyama-san"

"Please call me Aiko, so it won't be confusing"

'Damn he looks even cuter using my hankerchief. Snap out of it Aiko! Contain yourself!'

After the commotion died down, Nishinoya ask if Asahi came back the third years face fell amd answer a no, he became furious "That coward!"

"Hey that's not how you suppose to talk about our ace"

"Shut up! A coward's a coward!"

After his outburst he walk out saying if Asahi don't come back so will he. Hinata race after him yelling to teach him how to recieve properly, even going as far on calling him 'senpai' and 'Guardian diety' which he agreed and said he will buy him garigari-kun ice pop later.

'So those things makes him happy. I'll keep that in mind hehehe'

"So it's like.....you guys..... it goes saa, and then suu like that, then pow, that's it"  The first years look completely lost at his explination, minus Kageyama who said he undertood it completely.

"Ofcourse you do, but when your explaining other people got no idea what you're saying either" Aiko said not looking up to her clipboard.

"Eh?"

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

"What you went to the third year building and meet Asahi-san?"

"Yeah, we tried to convince him but he wouldn't come" the young setter gave his water bottle to Aiko after drinking "Well their match at DateTech really got into him, let's just give him more time. I'm sure he'll come around"

"Right"

"ROLLLIINNGGGG.........THUNDER!!!!"

The whole gym was silence and soon laugther was heard.

"...Ah yeah. Nice revieve!" Suga said trying to cheer up the boy.

"That was just a normal rolling recieve, wasn't it! Where the heck is the thunder?" Tanaka laugh.

"Why did you shout like that?" Kageyama gave him a bewilder stare.

"That was....that.." Tsukishima and Yamaguchi cluth their stomach trying not to laugh.

"C'mon now. Don't move around while shouting something strange. It's dangerous" Daichi being the daddy of the group warn him.

"Kageyama, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi get over here. I'm gonna give you all a lecture, so crouch down! No wait, sit down! Get yourelves lower that my line of sight!!!"

"Teach me that! Teach me the rolling thunder!" Hinata said from behind.

Aiko look at her team with a smile, she and Kiyoko are writing some data "What lively bunch they are" Kiyoko look up and also smile "Yes, indeed they are"

Takeda burst through the doors ending today's practice for he have something to announce.

"You guys are going to do it again this year!"

"Hm?" Everyone tilt their head in confusion.

"The golden week training camp!"

"Yes. But we still need more practice" Daichi step in.

"I've scheduled a practice match on the final day of golden week"

"Against who?"

"The tokyo veteran Nekoma High School. The cats"

After explaining more details everyone is ecxited for the match on the the final day, but not everyone is looking forward to it. "Daichi-san. Sorry but I won't be going to the practice match" Aiko look at Nishinoya amd Daichi as they engage theirselves into a conversation.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

"Hey, Azumane a first year is looking for you!"

"Huh?"

Walking through the door he was met by a girl with black hair and deep blue eyes. Stun at the suddden appearance of such beautiful girl is looking for him he suddenly became nervous "H-how can I help you?" The girl smile up at him "Hello senpai. Sorry if I'm disturbing you"

"N-no, no. You're not disturbing at all" Asahi frantically wave his hands.

"I'm Kageyama Aiko, a first year manager of the volleyball club"

"A-are you by chance-"

"If you're asking if I'm related to Kageyama Tobio, then yes. I'm his twin sister. And I would like to talk to you" At the last sentence her voice turn serious and that made Asahi gulp as he became more nervous.

"I would like for you to go back to the club"

"I-I'm sorry... But the image of hitting a ball that is knock down by a tall blocker is still fresh in my mind. I still remember fearing that we would surely have a shutout and bringing about my downfall....."

"You may think it's concieted to be told this by a first year, but...."

"I won't think that at all. What is it?"

"I think I understand what you mean"

"Huh?"

"Take Hinata as an example. Because he's small and doesn't have any technique, he would only get stop by the blockers. But now that he have my brother tossing to him, he can evade the tallest blockers" she smiled.

"I remember him saying 'When I jump and the blockers dissapear, I can see everything on the other side of the net stretching out below me' along those lines"

'Ah that landscape, I remember it somewhat' Asahi thought recalling the past.

"Don't you love the feeling of the ball slapping your palm as you make a score?"

'I love the feeling. The sting on your palm and the cheers of those who watches you'

"Hinata. He really looks up to you. You've been probably been block a lot of times to now, but you've gotten even more spikes through right? That's why everyone calls you 'Ace' "

Asahi remember what Hinata said before 'I want to become an ace' the bell rung informing that break already ended.

"Well would you look at that, breaks over. Thankyou for giving some of your time senpai" Aiko bow and started to walk away but stop and look back at her shoulder.

"Oh and senpai?"

Asahi snap out of his thoughts and look at the young manager "Y-yes?"

"It's a given that you can't win on your own" Aiko gave Asahi a gentle smile "That's why there six people on the court. Well then that's all, see you later senpai!"

He watch as Aiko walk away and dissapeared, thinking about their conversation earlier.