Chapter 17

"Hey what's with that spike!?"

"What do you call that petty recieve!?"

"Tsukishima grow some muscles in that celery arms of yours!"

"Yamaguchi, spike it harder!"

"Hinata, stop recieving the ball with your face!"

"Tobio the hell with that serve!? A third grader can do better than that!!"

'Pweeeeetttt'

"Five minutes breaks everyone!"

All players slump on the ground, breathing heavily.

Aiko walk towards them looking at her folder.

"Okay, after break we'll run up the hill ten times back and fourth, one hundred sit-ups, push-ups, squats. Twenty minutes planks in each sides, and thirty minute diving drills........."

Aiko quiet down eyes still on the folder. The team takes her sudden silent as a relief sign, but slump down again as she open her mouth, their souls exiting through their mouths.

"And then we'll do a practice match with each other, blah blah blah"

'She's a demon!'

The male Kageyama sweatdrop at his team. Compare to all he's the only one who is slightly exhausted, beacuse since middle school, Aiko is the one who manage his team's trainings, so he is used to it.

'But compare to middle school, this one is tougher..... well atleast she's not really angry' Kageyama shiver as he recall the memory of his sister getting angry during practice back in middle school. She got angry and annoyed at one of the players cooperating, that she doubled the training at every mistakes the players made.

The coach didn't stop her, afraid at the girl's anger.

Ukai watch with a sweatdrop as he look at his assistant coach torturing his team.

'Did I made the wrong decission?....... Oh well'

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

"Good work today!!!"

"You too!!!"

"Finally it's over...." Hinata slump down to the polish floor, extremely exhausted.

"Uooh!"

"Wow! You're right it's amazing the picture's huge!!"

Hinata and Kagetama both go to their crouching upper classmans.

"What is!? What are you guys doing!?"

"Here look!"

Hinata recieve the magazine Tanaka gave, Kageyama peeking at his shoulder.

"High School players to watch?"

"Among this years nationally notable players are three who have become 'Especially Noteworthy!', Shiratorizawa's 'Ushiwaka' is one of them"

"Shiratorizawa's that School Kageyama couldn't get into!!!" Hinata exclaim making Kageyama yell at him.

"Shut up!!!"

Tsukishima and Yamaguchi snicker at their back.

"Uoh! Aiko-chan is in the magazine!"

"Eh!?"

All players push against each other taking a look at the magazine.

"Oh! You're right there she is!"

"Wow! Aiko-chan is celebrity!"

"But how though?"

"Let me see..."

Sugawara snatch the magazine and scan it.

"Volleyball thesis research, on sports medicine, the right nutrition of the players needed, research on volleyball match patterns, analyzing the opponents movements...."

The team stares in awe as Sugawara listed all of the research Aiko has done.

"Wow, Aiko-chan is amazing!"

"Kageyama did you know!?"

The team turn to the younger Kageyama who was drinking from his bottle.

"Of course I know. Every year she works on a research related to volleyball. She even recieve an award back at middle school"

The whole team is awestruck at the news, now greatful to have such talented manager and assisstant coach.

"Hey what are you guys talkin' about?"

Aiko approach the group, clip board at hand.

"Aiko-chan you're so amazing!"

"What?" Aiko was baffled as the team surrounded her.

"Look, look!"

Hinata shove the magazine in her face earning him a smack from the girl. Looking at the magazine she saw the interview she did back at her last year at middle school.

"Ah, so this is the fuss about?"

They nodded.

"The first time I made a research is in my second year of middle shcool, after I pass it my teacher immedietly send it to a sports committee here in Japan. Couple of days later, some authorities in the sport committee came to our school and start to interviewing me. I guess the really like my research"

"You're really amazing Aiko-chan...."

Tanaka and Nishinoya cry in happiness on how amazing Aiko was, making the girl sweatdrop.

"Hey stop that now...."

"Ah!" Daichi exclaim, getting the girl's attention.

"Is that why, Coach Ukai ask you to be the assisstant coach?"

The girl smile nodding her head.

"Yeah, somewhat. He ask me after I gave him the teams individual papers, at the practice match with Nekoma"

Before Daichi can open his mouth they were called by Coach Ukai.

Aiko stay behind watching the team gather, she flip all the papers in her clip board, until it reach at the very bottom, where an white envelope is hidden underneath.

She stare at it for a long time, but snap at her thoughts when the Coach called for her.

Flipping all the papers back she run toward her team discussing the opponents of the upcoming Inter High.