Chapter 44

Aiko sigh as she walk towards the school entrance. It's already night time when she was done with her interview. Nakimura take her time asking questions to Itachiyama's captain, Iizuna Tsukasa, who is rewarded as best setter of the nation in his Junior High, also to Komori Motoya, the best libero of the country, and of course, Sakusa Kiyoomi, one of the top three aces and the only second year.

Aiko was seated behind Nakimura as she interviewed the black head. Because of her small frame, Aiko's visual can be seen easily. Aiko swear she can feel his eyes on her while answering the questions. She had her head turn to the side as she ignore his stares.

She can't wait to go home and sleep, her surgery is tomorrow. As she reach the gates, she saw two boys standing just beside at the entrance. It's too dark to see who it is, but Aiko paid them no mind and continue walking.

"Kageyama-san wait!"

Aiko turn around, and her face turn sour. The one who called her is Komori, but behind him is Sakusa. She would walk away if it's just Sakusa but it was Komori who called her, and she want a nice first empression when she meets a person for the first time.

Once they reach her, she raise a brow, her eyes are focus only to Komori's, she refuse to look at the black head.

"Do you need something from me?"

"Ah, actually this guy have something to say. Go on!"

Komori push his cousin infront, Sakusa furrow his brows his head downcast.

Aiko look at his curly head. It looks soft to touch.

'Hinata's hair is softer.....'

"C'mon say it!"

Komori urge him from behind. Aiko couldn't see his full expression but she's sure he look somewhat constipated.

With a heavy sigh, Sakusa bow his head slightly.

"I apologize for being rude the other day......"

Aiko blink, and cross her arms, she feel somewhat sassy right now.

"And?"

"And?"

Komori slap his back, earning him a glare, but he didn't mind. He made a gun motion with his hand and pretending to shoot.

"Pew pew...."

"Ah-- I also apologize for spraying at your face yesterday"

Aiko watch him raise his head and look at her. Her face is void with emotions. She sigh, nodding her head, she turn around, and continue to walk.

"Eh--! Sakusa walk with her!"

"What? No, I already apologize"

"You still don't have her signature! And beside it's already late, what would happen when some creepy guy stalks her? Go now!"

Komori push him and run to the opposite side waving at Sakusa.

"See you tomorrow!"

"Tsk"

Sakusa move his feet, it didn't take long for him to reach her, she's rather walking slowly. Soon he's already by her side. Aiko side glance the boy, he's wearing his club's jacket, a mixture of black, white, and a gradient of green and yellow. He also have his medical mask on, he's hands are shove in his jacket's pockets.

"Why are you here?"

"My home is this way"

Sakusa didn't bother to look at her. Aiko didn't talk after that. When they reach the convinience store Aiko halt, making the boy also stop.