Chapter 78

Before their first match began a problem occured. Hinata's bag that contains his volleyball shoes had been switched with a kid's when they were at the train station. Luckily his phone was inside the bag, they dialed the phone, the mother of the child answered. Aiko would volunteer herself to get the bag but Shimizu offered to get it herself.

"Senpai are you sure?"

"It's fine, it's nearby. I'm pretty confident in my stamina and my legs. Besides the team need you more inside the court"

The third year manager smile at her. Aiko retyrn the smile and nod her head. Shimizu then turn at Yachi.

"I'll be back before you know it, but while you're here fending for youself, be sure to stay on your toes. It's something you'll have to start getting used to, got it?"

With determination in her eyes Yachi respond.

"Yes!"

"I'll be back before the match begin"

"WE'RE SAH SORRAYYYY!!"

Both Hinata and Yamaguchi cried out to their senior. Feeling guilty to have troubled her.

"Thanks Shimizu, we'll leave it in your hands" Daichi called.

"I can't  make any promises. But worrying won't get you anywhere, so just sit tight and wait"

The third year manager said before leaving completely.

"Kiyoko-san we wish a safe trip!"

Tanaka and Nishinoya exclaimed while facing the direction the manager run-off to.

Shimizu's POV

Stepping out of the building I pulled my phone for to see the direction towards the station.

'Shimizu-san have decided for a club activity yet?'

A young Daichi Sawamura asked me, a club application on his hand.

'Would you like to be the manager of the volleyball club?'

After receiving the paper, I look out of the window to see members from the track and field running along the lanes.

You train, keep training, and train some more. The countless hours put in, the progress made.... All of it will come to screeching halt in a blink of an eye.
Gazing back at Sawamura I gave my reply.

'..... Sure I don't mind....'

He seemed surprise and happy by my answer.

'Nice work Sawamura!'

I was startled by the loudness the upperclassman as they praise Sawamura by his performance in the match earlier.

The volleyball club had gone without a manager for quite a some time. I have to self-study all of it. So has the rules of volleball, the hand signals from the referee, the scoring system. And the immense satisfaction one gets from unleashing a good spike.

But ultimately this is not about me, it was about othe people.

It's not like I'm the one fighting out there in the front lines, and that came with it's own sense of relief.

But slowly.....

But surely.....

Little by little....