Chapter 41

The next day Aiko went to the doctors for a check up and for some final confirmations for the surgery.

Exiting the hospital doors Aiko walk around Tokyo, not wanting to go home yet. She ends up in a shopping district, she look left and right, vendors selling their products, may it be dried fish, meat, fresh produce, to useless junk people buy, but never gonna use it and will just be a waste of space in the house.

'Should I go buy some groceries?'

Her thought was cut off by the sight of two guys wearing bright red track suit. Aiko instantly knew who they were, when she saw the human like pudding beside the rooster head captain.

Walking up to them silently, Aiko put an arm around Kenma's shoulder, the latter flinch and snap his head at her direction. Aiko brightly smile at his startled expression.

'Cute!'

"Ara~ we met again Kenma-san! Isn't fate playing tricks on us?"

"Oooh, Aiko-chan what are you doing here? Did your team left you behind?"

Aiko look up at the scheming captain, he was smirking down at her. Aiko adjust her position and now back hugging Kenma, before answering Kuroo.

"I actually stayed behind for my surgery"

Kenma who was squirming out of the girl's grip stop and look up at her.

"Surgery?"

Both cats question. Aiko smile at them and nod.

"Yes. I injured my knee back at middle school, you see"

Kuroo hum in understanding. The two talk, while Kenma already gave up for freedom and played with his psp, still in Aiko's arms, when two owls approach them.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Kuroo, Kozume and-- AIKO-CHAN!?"

"Bokuto-san please refrain from shouting in public places"

Aiko turn to them and wave.

"Bokuto-san, Aakashi-san nice seeing you both again"

Akaashi bow at her as a greeting, while Bokuto greet the girl enthusiastically.

"Hey! Hey! Aiko-chan my precious fan!"

Passerby stare at the group weirdly, but they ignore them and proceed to do their shopping.

Something click inside Aiko's head, making her turn at Nekoma's captain.

"Kuroo-san?"

Kuroo stop himself from bickering with Bokuto and look at the girl.

"Can I ask you for a favor?"

"Hm~ depends on your request, if it's within my power. What is it?"

Kuroo bring his face to her level. Unfortunately for him he forgot that Kenma is between them stll playing, before he could come any closer, the pudding head paw his captain's face away.

(I'm not gonna write "he 'palm' him away" that's just not sit right. But he still use his palm. Beside it's sound cute)

"Get your chest away from me, you're blocking my view..."

Kenma hiss at him. Aiko stare at him with awe, and rub her face against his hair, hugging him tighter.

"Awe! Kenma-san your so cute!"

"I suggest we go somewhere, so we can't disturb other people"

Akaashi said, they have been attracting attention since they arrive.

The group settle in a nearby cafe, they sat at a booth Kenma is between Aiko and Kuroo, whilst Akaashi and Bokito sat at the other side.

"Aiko-chan what's the favor you were gonna ask again?"

Kuroo ask the girp when their waiter walk away with their orders.

"Oh right! At the upcoming summer camp, can you train one of our blockers?"

"Shoyou?"

Kenma ask, he remebered Hinata telling him what his position is. Aiko smile at him and shake her head.

"Oh, the megane?"

Kuroo said, earning him a nod.

"Yeah, Tsukishima"

"But why?"

"In all of ours players, Tsukishima is the only one with no resovle in playing. He's smart, but if he doesn't put in his all in playing, it's just useless. Everyone is evolving but he's being left beind"

At the word 'evolving' pokemons suddenly pop in Kenma's head.

"I think I know what you mean, but why me?"

Aiko prop her arm at the table, leaning her cheek at the palm of her hand.

"I have a feeling that you're the one suited for the job. Well, are you up for it, scheming captain? Want to make the Battle of the Dumpster a reality, this time inside the orange court?"

Kuroo golden irises stare at Aiko for a moment, trying find her true intentions. It's a shocker that a mere manager suddenly becomes an assisstant coach, moreover at training camp, he notice how her blue orbs would focus on the team infront of her, as if she's reading every peoples moves in the gym. This girl terrifies him, honestly.

Kuroo sigh and scratch his head.

"Fine. Just because I want the Battle of the Dumpster to happen, so you guys better go nationals"

"Oh, we are going, that's a fact"

The seriousness in her eyes send shiver in Kuroo's spine. Their orders came and the group happily digs in. Aiko sometimes feeding Kenma while he plays, which he doesn't mind, because he's at the boss level already, and doesn't want to pause the game.

"Hey, what if he doesn't want to?"

Aiko bit the straw of her milk shake amd turn to Kuroo.

"Provoke him"

"Huh?"

"Though he's doesn't get easily riled up when others provoke him, but if it's someone he knows he can't be par with, that's should do the trick. Just provoke him in any ways you want"

"Are you a sadist Aiko-chan?"

Aiko recall all the training she had the boys done, grinning she answer him.

"Yes"

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Hoped y'all enjoy!

Stay safe!

Luv you all!