Chapter 35

Aiko put her cheek against the palm of her hand as she stare out of the window beside her, class is still on going, but she already finished the task their teacher made them do.

Today is the last day of the Interhigh preliminaries, the teams who are facing each other are AobaJousai and Shiratorizawa, and she can already guess the team who will be attending nationals.

She knows how the entire team are bum out beacuse of their loss. It was so close, but Seijo still manage to read them. She worried about the third years, it's their last year playing, they might quit the club and focus in their studies more.

Last night, even though she's exhausted, she drown herself in her another research. What Oikawa's said to her still lingers in her mind that night, her brother said to ignore what the older said, but the thought never leave her mind.

It's true she already have a name for herself at the volleyball community, having her name and face in every sport magazine since middle school. She wants to be able to share knowledge with a team, she wants to help the team with anyway she can. She want to help this team.

And so she will, her brother is right, there is no way she's gonna listen to someone who wears alien prints in their underwear, she shiver at the thought of it.

The bell ring signaling the class have come to an end and it's time for lunch.

"Aiko-chan! Want to have lunch with us?"

She move her gaze to Yamaguchi who's beside her table, the boy look sadden since he came to school in the morning, she know he's still thinking about that serve of his. Shaking her head, Aiko stood up and gave the boy a smile.

"No thanks, Yamaguchi. I need to be somewhere"

"Oh, okay then. Tsukki let's go get lunch!"

"Shut up, Yamaguchi you're too loud"

"Sorry Tsukki!"

Walking out of the classroom Aiko made her way to the gym, where she saw Kiyoko talking to her brother and Hinata.

"Yeah, nothing change. They're staying"

"Thank you! Excuse me! Kageyama let's get lunch!"

Hinata hop on outside, Kageyama excuse himself before following Hinata.
Aiko approach the third year beauty.

"Shimizu-senpai?"

"Ah, Aiko-chan, yes?"

The third year smile at her. Aiko fidget slightly before bowing.

"Senpai, I'm sorry if I'm not doing much help to you ever since I was assigned as the assisstant coach"

"I-it's fine Aiko, please raise your head!"

Aiko did so, but still have an guilty expression on her face. Shimizu smile and pat her head, tiptoe-ing in the process.

"It's okay Aiko-chan. Ever since you became a coach the team improve a lot. Beside I was actually planning to get another manager, so please keep on coaching the team, okay?"

"Hai!"

Aiko can feel tears gathering at the corner of her eyes, she now understand why Nishinoya and Tanaka always fawn over her, this woman is a Godess.

The school is now over and everyone gather at the gym. Aiko smiled when she saw the third years. All of them sat down at the polish floor, Ukai gave them a pep talk even announcing the winners of the Interhigh preliminaries. Aiko guess was right the winner is Shiratorizawa.

"Just in our prefecture alone, there's already ateam above Seijo. We got no choice but to get stronger. I think you guys already now what's our next goal is"

"The Spring High"

Everyone look at Aiko.

"As far as High School volleyball tournaments go, it's scale is par with Interhigh's"

After more talk the captain declare everyone's goal.

"We're goinh back there again. To tokyo. And the orange court"

The boys look at their captain with determination in their eyes.

"YEAAAAHHHH!!!!"

Aiko look down in deep thought.

'We're no good the way we are now. There's a team out there better than the one that bested us. A practice match ain't gonna cut it all. Even whatever sensei's able set up still won't be enough. What shoyld we do?'

Her thoughts was cut by Takeda scrambling inside, face planting in the floor.

"Sensei!?"

"Sensei, are you alright!?"

"Take-chan!?"

He look up blood dripping on his nose.

"We're going right!?"

"Where?"

"To Tokyo!"

Takeda explain to them that they were invited by Coach Nekomata. Not only they are playing with Nekoma but with other several schools in the Kanto region.

"Wow, groups like that have always been made up of guys who seems have to build up connection between them, so unrelated parties aren't allowed in so easily. You guys should be thankful to Coach Nekomata"

Ukai explained. Everyone got hyped up and start to jump in joy.

Next day, after practice everyone once again seated at the ground, facing a serious looking Takeda. Behind him is Ukai and Aiko.

"I assume you already know..."

Aiko raise a brow at the teacher.

"That you have final exams next month?"

"Geh..."

Aiko accidentally said.

The four stooges, namely Kageyama, Hinata, Nishinoya, and Tanaka, stare blankly at their advisor.

"You know that, right?"

The four move their heads to the side, but Takeda still press on.

"It's seems that tokyo's test period is the same as ours, so that means the joint practice will take place right after that. So as you might already expect, there are supplementary to attend for any subjects you fail...."

Soon chaos erupt.

Tanaka and Nishinoya start to escape but Ennoshita stop them by Daichi's orders.

"F-fail!? Failing grade? What number is that!?"

Hinata said in panic.

"Kageyama's not breathing!"

Yamaguchi exclaimed.

Tanaka and Nishinoya start to do a buddha pose which Sugawara scolded them for.

Aiko release a breath, they all need to study, what's so hard on doing that? She thought grabbing her folder which contains of papers of her current research.

'They'll be fine.........yeah....'

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

I think I can finish Season 2 and 3 before the the part 2 of Season 4 start. Then I'll start the other book too. Yup that's my goal. Hopefully.

Hope y'all enjoy!

Stay safe!

Luv you all!