Chapter 72

December 9 Sunday (Tokyo)

"Feint!"

Kageyama steps aside and let Komori reciece the ball, sending the ball to Hoshiumi. With fast instinct, the libero quickly move out of the way so Kageyama could have a run up.

'Hm~ he has the forthought to forego carrying out a complete recieve'

Aiko smile at the wonderful display of a recieve  she couldn't expect anything more from the top libero of the country. Hoshuimi set the ball to Kageyama, the setter send it right abobe the net.

"Yuss"

"Nice kill!"

"Yea~"

The fox and seagul approach the young crow with their hands up. Kageyama timidly raise his hands, the two second years high five him.

"Say, Kageyama is more capable in the left front, isn't he? Hoshiumi isn't too shabby as a setter either"

A staff member approach Aiko and coach Hitaki, the young girl gave her divided attention to the game while the other on the two adults talking.

"Yeah, their team is pretty versatile in all fronts"

Aiko sweatdrop at Hitaki's words.

'Tobio's teammates are overpowered, I feel sorry for Chigaya's team'

"I gotta say, shuffling the positions around has been a blast. I'm glad you suggest this kind of training Kageyama-san"

"It's me who should give my thank you, sir. For letting a mere high school student such as myself for contributing in this special event"

"Don't be to humble, Kageyama-san. You're a celebrity now, y'know. Hahahaha!"

Hoshiumi set the ball to Sakusa, the ace took a second, watching the ball, before spiking it down.

"Now more than ever is the time for the discovery and the development of latent abilities....."

The young girl, turn to Hitaki. Absorbing every word the older coach is saying.

"You never know when and where you discover your aptitudes. The players themselves may beginning to take notice and realize certain things at unexpected time. Sooner or later, there will come a day where this elite athletes must bring tangible results from to table. Though they are subjects to immense pressure, this is exactly why...... It's my wish for them to feel that volleyball is something fun to them"

Aiko look down at her board with a soft smile attach on her lips.

"To be relax is such a noncomittal phrase, but, how do I put this..... It's also important to be able to play loosely and uninhibited, right?"

"Hohohoho, right, Kageyama-san"

Hoshiumi bend down, sending the ball to Atsumu. The setter set the ball to Kageyama, the young setter easily spike the ball to the other side.

'His tosses are still as magnificent as ever....'

Aiko felt nostalgia hitting her. She wish to spike one of his tosses once again.

The game ended. Aiko blow her whistle, ending the final day of the youth camp.

"Make sure to do your stretches properly!"

"Hai!!!"

Aiko began to approach her stretching brother, but Atsumu beat her at it. She stop her tracks behind them, listening in their conversation.