Chapter 34

Aiko walk towards the the back of the gymnasuim, where she found her brother and Hinata, the shorter boy grip Kageyama's collor making the him stumble and hit his bum into the grass.

"Don't apologize for that! Don't make it sound like you shouldn't have tossed to me!"

Hinata yelled, Aiko quickly but quietly walk up to them. She put on a little smile to ease the tension.

"The meeting is going to start without you, y'know"

Both of them look up at her.

"You two did an incredible job today, as always"

"......But we still lost..."

Hinata mumble underneath his breath.

"That's true. But it was a constructive match, wasn't it?"

"......"

Both boys didn't respond, having their head hung low. Aiko let out a breath.

"Is Defeat proof that you are weak?"

".....?"

"Isn't Defeat more like a trial to overcome? Of whether you stand up and walk again after falling to your knees. If you remain on your knees like that, then it's a sign of weakness"

She watch their face morp into determination, making her smile.

"Let's go the--"

"Wait"

Aiko stop her sentence and face her brother who halted her.

"Hinata you go first. I want to with Aiko for a moment"

The boy look at the siblings and nod, walking away.

Aiko clasp her hands together, she and her brother stare at each other's eyes not breaking contact.

"What do you want to talk about, Tobio?"

The male stood their for a moment before realising a breath, he answer the question.

"When are you going finally tell me about your knee?"

Aiko's eyes widen, her brother just keep on a serious expression.

"Wha-- How?--"

"I already know since the beginning Aiko"

"I-I told Dad--"

"He already told us before you woke up after the surgery"

"Ah-- T-Tobio *hic* I-Im..."

As of now, Aiko start to sob, tears finally falling down her face. A sudden guilt wash through Kageyama, he step up and hold his sister in his arms, rubbing her back. Aiko grab his shirt as she cry into his shoulder. (Aiko's just up to Kags ear, okay? Okay)

"I-I'm sorry T-Tobio *hic*. I-I didn't want to t-trouble you that time *hic*. I p-promise to myself back *hic* then t-that I'll tell you, o-once I ca-me back! I was only f-finding the perfect time. B-but, suddenly G-granpa--!!"

She cried louder. All of the emotions she bottled up for years have finally came, rushing out.

By now the twins are already sitting on the grass floor.

"I didn't mean to, Tobio! I-I didn't mean to lie! I didn't want you to w-worry about me! I want you to focus on p-playing! I want you to f-focus on your dreams! I'm sorry! I'm so s-sorry!"

"Shhh...It's fine. You don't need to apologize...."

Kageyama just listen to her sister apologizing over and over to him. All he could do is rub her back and pat her head, trying to calm her down. Even though he already knew, he would never thought that his sister would carry it such a heavy burden on her shoulder. All his life she stay by his side, even with his past self. She comfort him, encourage him, support him, and all he did was accept it all while his sister has been suffering by herslef. He was so focus on volleyball and knowing Aiko will always have his back, he wouldn't need to worry.

He keep his deal with their father. Pretending he doesn't know about her injury. It was hard at first, but he grew used to it. When their Grandfather passed away at their second year of middle school, he drowned himself to volleyball and eventually forgot about the injury.

He snap out of his thoughts when he heard his sister's steady breathing. Aiko numbly stare at ahead, she finished crying minutes ago. Her eyes stings, her nose is red, and her throat hurts.

She sit up straight staring at her brother with sorrowful eyes. Kageyama retreat his hand putting them at his sides.

"I'm--"

"Don't apologize anymore"

"But--"

"No, I'm the one who should be apologizing. I'm ignorant enought to ignore your pain even though I already know. Dad said to pretend that I don't know anything about it, he didn't want to tell you that he already told us, so please don't hate him for that. He couldn't stand your pleading so he lied"

Aiko process everything he just said, before nodding. She understand why her father did that, she was selfish back then. Her father already done so much for her. She's not angry at her father, she's angry at herself.

Kageyama stand up and let his hand out.

"Let's go, the meeting already ended by now"

She smile and accept her brother's hand, hoisting herself up. The twins began to walk towards their team who are awaiting for their return. Aiko let out a breath, feeling refresh, the heavy weight on her shoulder just lifted.

Suddenly something pop in her mind.

"Tobio?"

"Hm?"

"Oikawa-san talked to me earlier, after the match"

Kageyama's face crunch in displease at the mention of his senpai.

"What he say?"

"He said coaching isn't my thing, I don't know if he's being an ass or anything, I mean his tone doesn't sound like it"

"Ignore him. Don't believe on someone who wear undergarments with alien prints on them" (If you wear one, you rock!)

"How do you know that?"

"We share the same changing room for a year in middle school"

"Oh...."

Aiko keep quiet after that.

The twins soon reach their team. Sugawara quickly ask if she's alright, because the girl's eyes is still puffy and red, which she assure the team mom quickly. Coach Ukai them treat the team at a nearby resturant.

"If you put a lot of stress on your body when running and jumping, it can lead to strained muscles. The time now, after the game, the muscle fiber are kinda torn. We'll eat this mean and they'll mend. That how you'll built up muscle. That's how you'll get stronger. So eat up. Eat all you've got to"

The older coach end his speech with a proud look on his face.

Clasping their hand together, they say their thanks before digging in.

Aiko watch them eat, slowly one by one, tears stream down on every players face, minus Tsukishima. She pick up her chopsticks and start to eat slowly.

'Go on. Eat up. It won't happen overnight, but you guys will definitely become stronger'

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Actually I tear up a little writing this....

Hope ya'll enjoy!

Stay safe!

Luv you all!