Chapter 18

AIKO'S POV
I put down my pencil and stretch my arms. Looking at my notebook with a satisfied nod, I close it and put it in my bag. I slump back at my chair rereading the the data sheets of our opponents.

'Everyone's working hard these days. Well they need to be, considering our opponents in the brackets are strong'

I gaze up the dark sky, looking at the stars.

'We'll win win the first match that I'm sure of. The second..... Asahi-senpai needs to build his courage if he wants to win against Datekou, but I'm sure he'll be fine. As for Seijo.....'

I pause, in all honesty I really don't know if we'll win against them. We're still lacking compare to the other schools.

I slap my cheeks hard making them red.

'Now's not the time to be a negative thinker Aiko, the teams needs you! But first how about a little walk'

I stood up and grab my jacket, walking down downstairs and putting my shoes on. I didn't bother telling Tobio I'm going out cause the boy is already asleep.

I let my legs wonder me to the park near my house, sitting on the swing, I shiver as I touch the cold metal chains.

I flinch when my phone vibrate in my jacket's pocket. Looking at the caller, I smile.

"Hello?"

"Hey..." the other line suddenly got quiet, and then muffled screams are heard.

'The fudge?'

I look at my phone confuse, before putting it back in my ear again.

"Oi you still there?" I heard running foot steps, someone breathing heavily and distant shouting. A door shutting and a click was then heard.

I gave a couple of seconds, waiting for the person from the other side catch their breath.

"H-hey..."

"You done now?"

"Yeah"

"So what's what that?"

"An idiot tried to take my phone away. So I run and lock myself in the bathroom"

"The idiot is...."

"Yup, it's him"

"Heh. So what's up?"

"The sky?"

"Ha ha ha. No really why did you call?"

"Is it bad to call ya? If ya don't like it I can hang up now"

"No. No, that's not what I meant...."

"Hahaha, I know. So how are ya?"

"Stress, got a lot of thing in mind"

"Hmm, how so?"

"I'm the assisstant coach of my team now"

"Wow, well that's good. I'm sure yer team will win, your matches"

"Well that's the problem, the team is still lacking...."

"Hey don't strain yerself, remember to take breaks"

"Haha I know. Awe you're so caring right now"

"Whatever" I can clearly see them rolling their eyes when they say that.

We started to talk about my high school life, for a couple of minutes.

"So how about you? What's new?"

"Eh nothing much. School, training, sleep, repeat"

"Really? Nothing exciting?"

"No- ah! A certain idiot trip on a ball earlier during practice, falling to the floor face first"

I couldn't hel but let out a giggle as I imagine that.

"Funny right? Hahaha"

"Hahaha. How can it not?"

"Well-" there's a banging sound from the other side.

"Hey Aiko I need to go, sorry"

"No it's alright, thanks for giving some time. I need the talk acatually"

"Well if you need to rant some more, don't call me"

"Hey!"

"I'm kidding....... We miss ya, Aiko"

I smile looking at the stars.

"I miss you guys too"

"Good night, Aiko"

"Good night...... Samu"

After that I hang up, breathing out, I stood up and make my way home. Wanting nothing but a sweet slumber, in my cozy and warm bed

Ain't that a shitty conversation. That's how awkward yer author on the phone in real life, that's why I rather chat than call.

So I won't be updating for a couple of days, if you read the announcement earlier then you'll know.

Thanks for reading~

Keep safe everyone~

Luv you all~