Flashback pt.8

Today is any normal day for Aiko in Yako Junior High. Winter break just ended, but the chilling cold from the season still lingers.

Practice ended, but Aiko stay late as usual to help Atsumu to practice some more, Osamu left the two to buy some snacks and will return shortly.

Aiko throw the ball to Atsumu, and run up when the latter toss it, spiking it hard to the opposite side.

"Nice spike!"

Landing softly Aiko look at her hand, she made an open and close motion, and look back at Atsumu.

"Nice toss, that's the best one yet all day"

"Oi! What'dya mean the best one 'yet'? All my toss are the best!"

Aiko roll her eyes and pick up another ball from the trolley.

"Yeah, yeah........you narcissistic prick"

"Hey, what did ya just called me?"

"Nothing! Now be a good sport and toss some balls, if you have any that is"

"Aiko-chan! That's not how I raise ya!"

"Excuse me, ya don't have a vagina for you to give birth to me"

Aiko deadpan him. Atsumu put a hand in his chest and stare at her in a offended manner.

"Well, I've never!"

"Never what?"

Osamu walk back in with a plastic bag at hand while munching on a onigiri at the other.

"What are ya guys doing?"

"Ah, Samu. Welcome back!"

"None of yer business"

Osamu just hum and sat down at the bench, taking the stuff he bought out of the bag.

"Aiko I bought you strawberry milk...."

"Thanks! I'll pay you later"

"Hm~"

The two went back to practice while Osamu watch them from the side lines. Aiko wipe her forehead with the back of her hand.

"Hey this is last one...."

"What? Tired already? Hahaha-- I mean fine"

Atsumu mock her, but silence himself when he met her glare. He learned very early not to piss the girl off.

Aiko watch as Atsumu toss the ball, one step back, then run forward, and jump. While still in mid air Aiko felt a sudden pain in her left knee, her face morp into pain, letting the ball go past her, she land on the ground not so gracefully, she crouch down, holding her knee. She choke on her words, before letting out a scream of anguish.

Atsumu stare at the screaming girl down on his feet in shock, he quickly went to her aid, holding her by the shoulders.

"Samu! Samu!"

The boy scream, tears starting to pool his eyes as he stare at Aiko. Her porcelain skin, is now red, her soft pinkish cheeks stain with both sweat and tears.

Osamu run up to them, ignoring his food on the bench. He bend down opposite to his twin, he look at Aiko, just her pained face is enough to make his heart shattered. He shake his head, he's the only mature one here now, he have to do something. Looking at his brother who's holding back his tears, he demands him to go get the coach or a teacher. Atsumu was hesitant at first, but with the stern gaze his brother gave him, he complied.

Passing Aiko to him, he quickly dash to the facutly, yelling for help. Osamu tried to talk to Aiko, but her words are jumble with her cries of pain.