Chapter 39

Another game ended. Karasuno lost once again.

"Ara~ You guys are certainly the weakest team here, huh?"

The boys stare at Aiko with stiff smiles, trying to hide their annoyance.

'We can't exactly deny that.....'

All of them thought. She just look at them with a raise brow.

"Every team you've face in an official match has been incredibly troublesome opponents. Whether you see them as a mere enemy, or a specialist whose technique you should learn from, you guys being weak means you have room to grow. And there's no greater joy than that"

At the end of her speech, she smiled at them. The boys look at her with amazement at her encouraging words.

"Nice serve!!!"

Their attention divert to the shout, where Shinzen and Ubugawa are playing. The serve Ubugawa's captain delivered, bounce of Shinzen's captain's arms.

"Yikes, that's what you get when you serve 100 times a day...."

Another serve was delivered but it was recieve cleanly. The moment the ball fall in the setter's direction, all members from Shinzen start to run forward. The players at the front jump up followed by Ubugawa's blockers. But the ball was set at the back, and Shinzen's captain spike the ball over the blockers heads.

"That's a real combination tactic for sure....... Now then, how 'bout one of Japan's aces' performance"

The moment Aiko look at the Owls and Cats court, Bokuto sent a straight spike between Kenma's and Lev's arms.

(Writing your name in your fanfic feels weird. My name is Lev too in real life by the way)

"Whoa! Expected from a team who compete in the nationals!"

Aiko look around and turn to Yamaguchi.

"Where's Tobio and Hinata?"

"Ah, they went outside just a little while ago"

The green head replied and walk away. Aiko hum before going to the door, but stop when she heard voices. The current one talking is her brother.

"In the match with Seijo, I started to understand that the setter is the one who draws out 100% of the spikers' power. That quick strike is your greatest weapon. So, where that quick concerned, a slight gap becomes a fetal one. There is no need for you to think on your own in that quick strike"

Footsteps were heard, she saw her brother walk pass the gyms doors, their eyes connecting, before he averts his and continue walking.

'Tobio isn't emotionally negating what was said, like in one of their quarrels. He's stating an objective truth. Tobio's the one shouldering all the technical aspects of that quick strike. Basically, he's saying that a problem will arise between the technical aspect and Hinata acting independently....'

She then heard Sugawara's voice.

"Sorry Hinata. Now that I've heard Kageyama's viewpoint, I think he's right this time. That quick strike is amazing enough already, I think it would be best refined other attacks centered around it"

Ukai suddenly walk passed her, startling the girl. He then proceed to talk to Hinata and Sugawara. Aiko scoff at the middle of the older coach's statement about refraining the quick and walk inside the gym.

'They don't understand, the quick strike, they can polish it to an extent.....'

Hinata once told Aiko that when he's in a good form, he could feel like time stop, his vision of the blockers arms became clear, he could see the other side of the court, the recievers movements. Hinata can predict the opponents movements just a second in advance.