back to you

mattia's pov
she overdosed. i can't believe... she overdosed.

the sight of her sat in my mind. i couldn't get it out. all i could see when i shut my eyes, all i could think of, is what i saw when i went into her bedroom.

what she looked like. she laid there looking literally dead. her black eye still there, her hands clammy. her hair a mess, she looked like she hadn't gotten sleep in forever. her tear stained cheeks.

oh god

the fact that my last words to her was that she was annoying and a hoe made my heart twinge with pain.

a tear slipped down my face. i rubbed my eyes and face. i went up to the main desk.

mattia: can i see her?
receptionist: who?
mattia: y/n
receptionist: it's not for me to determine but i can check for you sir.
mattia: do you know what happened to her?
receptionist: the doctor can provide you with all the answers you want, i'm just the receptionist.

i just knew it was drugs. i went back to sit down. i looked up symptoms of an overdose and it all matched what she had. i sat there feeling helpless. it's crazy how drugs can do... THAT... to someone. next thing you know her parents come storming into the hospital.

just like in the movies they were crying and screaming to see her but they wouldn't allow it just yet.

damn.

they put up a good fight until they recoiled into eachother arms and accepted defeat.

i got up and walked over to them. they looked at me with pain in their eyes. yeah they gave her a lot of pain to deal with themselves but come on, they were still her parents. i know they still loved her. they weren't perfect, that's for sure. they had their own problems y/n didn't know of. i can tell. but they still loved their y/n.

y/m: what happened?!
mattia: i don't know ma'am. not yet, at least.

she kept crying.

y/m: wasn't expecting to see you here, since... you know.
mattia: yeah, but i care for her. it took me a lot to see that. no matter what i still care for her. if she's not my girlfriend then she's my friend. family.
y/d: wow. i can't believe she cheated on you.
y/m: Y/D SHE IS IN CRITICAL CONDITION RIGHT NOW AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY THAT?!
y/d: i know i know sorry it's just when he said that i-
mattia: it's ok. let's not argue right now.

i hugged them. tears couldn't stop falling.

y/m: thank you. thank you

she held me. thanking me.

y/d: we appreciate you so much.

he patted my back, trying not to cry. i can tell. but he couldn't. a tear slipped and he quickly wiped it away.

god. why y/n?

were things really that bad? it shouldn't be like this. i just can't believe she overdosed.

i still had all her drugs in my pockets. to take home and keep before her parents probably raid her room for drugs. what drugs were the pills in my pocket right now?
they'd be able to determine that. then a person walks out and comes towards us.

doctor: y/n?

we quickly replied yes.

doctor: good news and bad news.

fuck.

doctor: she's in critical condition. she is on the path to surviving, but things can take the turn for better or worse. she is in a coma. she should've died. but, she has a super high tolerance. which saved her. she is very lucky. she overdosed on fentanyl pills. we believe it was a whole 3 fentanyl pills. which was unbelievable. she really should've died with a whole 3 pills. she tested positive for the following drugs