departure

you were sad. erika left rehab and went to live her life freely. yeah, you only had a few days left of rehab, but what were you supposed to do without erika in those days? you guys promised to meet up once you got out. you couldn't wait. but what were you supposed to do now?

you didn't sleep last night. you didn't want to have another nightmare. you didn't want to wake up screaming either.

you lay in bed not wanting to get out at all. but, in order to leave early, you had to show "good attitude". so, you got up, brushed your teeth, got dressed, and left for breakfast. you were slowly starting to eat again. after you finished eating you went to the rose garden.

mattia took you to a rose garden for your guys's first date. you sat on one of the benches and breathed in the fresh air. you went on your phone and checked your text messages. the hate wouldn't stop. but at this point, you were used to it. you facetimed erika.

erika: hey bitch, look.

she panned her camera across her weed plant.

erika: told you i had one. we need to hangout once you get out of there.
y/n: oh my god stop teasing me. and yes, for sure. i miss you.

you guys talked, joked around, and gossiped. y'all eventually hung up.

then you got a sudden wave of sadness.

💭fuck this depression💭

you picked a flower and smelt it. your therapist had said spending time in nature should help with your depression. it kinda helped. not as much as the medications though.

time skip to your last day in rehab 🥳🎉

today was the day. you'd be free to go back into the real world. you had to admit, you were scared. things are obviously going to be super different.

you packed your stuff and waited for your parents to come pick you up. you got a sober token and got applauded and all that shit. it was sad. what were you going to do with your life now?

you said bye to lily and waited in the lobby. soon enough you got a text from your mom to go out. you said bye and left into the real world.  you stepped into your parents car. it's been a while.

mom: soooo? tell us all about it.

and you told them about it.

from makayla, to erika, to your therapist, to the classes, and everything. the more you talked about it, the more you couldn't believe you were actually out.

y/s/n: it sounds fun. free food? guess i'm becoming a crack head!

💭this bitch💭

dad: do not say that y/s/n.
mom: your father and i are happy that you're sober. we're going to press charges on your little abusive boyfriend.
dad: what's his name again? michael? mike?

oh fuck no. what if one of his other gang friends jump you? or kill you? or someone you love?

y/n: i don't think we should press charges.
mom: uh- are you crazy?
dad: of course she is. her brain isn't thinking correctly because of all those stupid drugs!

💭are these bitches for real right now? 💭

y/n: i'll have you know he is in a GANG. and if we press charges one of us or anyone associated with me can possibly DIE.
mom: the authorities will be involved. you'll be fine. and he's in a gang? what were you thinking?!
dad: she wasn't thinking. all she thought about was drugs.