Grab The Wheel. x A$APScott

In which, Travis tries to get back into Rakim's life.
( Since I got my new iPhone, come to find out that I can't put gifs up anymore. This sum bullshit unless somebody shows me- )

•••
"What do you want Travis...." Rakim yawned, looking out the doorway, seeing his ex-boyfriend standing there.

"I can't see you now?" Travis said, putting his hat back on.

"Duh nigga. We've broken up and not living in the same fucking household anymore." Rakim rolled his eyes, too tired for this nonsense.

"I just wanna see you and apologize..." Travis said, looking around the block.

"Don't. You can't say shit to me." Rakim growled, becoming louder than he was before.

"Rakim calm down...just let me inside. It's 3am, people are sleep. They might hear shouting and shit and might call the fucking cops on us."

"Whatever, just come the fuck in." Rakim was slowly becoming annoyed by his actions, popping at his door late as ever.

It's wasn't like this before when they broke up. They was high-school sweethearts, dating in their last year. Travis was becoming a Rapper and Rakim, he wanted to be an artist, painting for famous people like John Legend, Kim Kardashian, T-Pain, and even Jay-Z. That was an honor to do that.

They been together as long as they know, 4 years to be exact. Until, everything went downhill.

Travis got hooked on cocaine. Then he got Rakim hooked on it too. It was a bad trip for Rakim, very bad.

Rakim got hooked on L$D too, and he was having bad trips when he took 2 at a time, almost overdosing 3 years ago. He almost lost his job as an artist, coming at people homes late as ever.

He blamed Travis for that, for him caught up in this shit. Also he blamed himself for that too, he was losing his life.

Last year it was finale. Rakim had enough of Travis, when he overdosed on cocaine. Travis didn't help him, letting him sit there and almost die. He just watched and watched.

Luckily Rakim friend Jordan bust in the door, call the ambulance.

Rakim was on his last breath, almost not surviving at all. They had to get the drugs out his system, taking awhile to get all of them out. He was in there for some days, some of friends stop by and talk to him.

When Travis came by, all hell broke loose. Rakim cussed him out, even crying at the situation. He was angry at the fact that Travis watched him almost dying.

It was the last and final time that they was ever together.

Travis understand, but he wanted Rakim for himself. He was lost without him and felt guilty on what he did to his lover.

"What you want Travis?"

"I'm so fucking sorry Rakim. I'm so fucking sorry."

"You wasn't saying that when I was the hospital.." Rakim put his cardigan on, standing across from Travis.

Travis put his head down, biting his lip. "I know. I wasn't in the right mindset. I was high that day..."

"Travis, you hurt me. You watched me almost die! Because of your shit!" He yelled, pointing his finger at him.

"I know...we was both drugged up together and in my eyes I thought you was passing out." He admitted.

"Rakim, I'm sorry for getting you hooked with me. I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking right, at all. I feel guilty because of this shit. Everything, man. You've been the best that came in my fucking life since high school. Your the one that showed me to get my confidence back in writing Rakim..."

Rakim stayed quiet, watching him speak. "Your the one that showed me how to write in cursive, the one that had my back to the end...I don't wanna let you go Rakim, please I can't."

"....Travis it's for the best. I know you gave me time to heal. But after what happened...Nah, I can't." He shakes his head.

"Rakim, I can't leave this on a bad episode. I got cleaned up...." His voice cracked, putting his head down.

"I'm not leaving this on a bad episode, I think it's for the best we don't get back together. We can still stay as friends..." He wipe his nose, looking up then back down.

"Rakim....I l-love you." Travis choked out, tears falling down.

Rakim felt guilty to leave him like this, he knew they been together for years. "I love you too but I think it's for our sakes to not get back together." He walked closer to him, putting his hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, look at me." Rakim said, making Travis lift up his head.

"Your always gonna be my first love, remember that. Your forever going to be my friend."

Travis sniffed and nodded, he know it's the end. He couldn't try no more. He hugged the small boy, taking him the fragrance.

Rakim softly smiled, rubbing Travis's back. "You should get going. Go make more music."

He kept crying, holding onto Rakim hand once more. "I love you okay?"

"I love you too Travis." He said.

Travis turned his back on Rakim, slowly walking out the door. He went down the stairs, sniffing and walking down the street of California.

He cried once more, hopping in his Lamborghini. He hit the steering wheel out anger, pulling his head on the wheel. He choke out his sobs for a few minutes before driving off.

2 months later...

Rakim was getting better, having more appointments all over different states. He was nominated for a award at the MTV awards, 'Made you look,' and he won. ( Just say that It's for MTV, not BET. )

He was shocked but he knew what to say. Also, he saw Travis there and they made eye contact 3 times. Plus he was 3 rows ahead Travis too so he felt Travis eyes in his back of his head.

On Travis side, he was doing well. He was going tour for his album 'ASTROWORLD,' almost winning a Grammy. He thought about Rakim sometimes, wondering if he was doing alright. He was completely clean, smoking here and there. But he didn't care for it like he used too.

❤️❤️❤️

Ight here and TAKE IT!

-awgenization 👁