Chapter 9

Picture up is Rivera.

I blow out the hair falling down my face as I walked out of the store. Shopping for cat food is hard. Like which one do you think your cat will like? Okay that's a pretty stupid question.

I force my legs to walk faster so I can eat. Yes. Eat. That's what I need to do. I need to go home and eat. Maybe eat all the nutella and feed Lynx. Carrying Lynx and her food is hard. That idiot best friend of mine decided to bail on me. Again!

When I get my hands on him I swear I'll..

Think of kit kats. Yes, kit kats.

The house is just a few blocks down so I just groan in pain and anger and walk the rest faster. As soon as the building comes in sight, I almost cry in joy. I rush up to the door and sigh in relief but all that gets flushed down the drain when I realised I grabbed the wrong keys. But how? I locked the frigging door, I mean...  How?

I start banging at the door, hoping that someone's in, realizing that I'll probably die and from the way Lynx was hissing at me to stop, I let out a huff and sat on the porch.

If that stupid nugget just picked me up I wouldn't be in this stupid mess. I bang my head against the door as I think of exactly where I'm gonna stay till dad comes back home.

I close my eyes and let out a ragged sigh. Then I feel someone looking down at me, I open one eye lid and stare at the blonde, almost white hair with green eyes staring at me with a smile on her face. I quirk a brow and her smile becomes even wider. If that's possible.

"Hi, I'm Rivera, River's sister" my brows shoot up and I look incredibly at her, is she our of her mind or us this a stupid joke?

"I know, I don't look a lot like him"

Yeah, no shit Sherlock.
A lot? Why not try, not even a tad bit?

"What are you doing out here anyway?" She asks, "I'm locked out, I took the wrong keys" I say and sit up. "You can stay at mine till your dad comes or i could get River to help you with the door?" I smile softly, "Thanks, but um Rivet isn't home, he dropped me somewhere an hour ago, and his car isn't here" I say and she looks around, "Little bastard" she mutters under her breath and I widen my eyes, she notices this and smiles, "Oh not you, come in then, you look pretty tired" she says and I nod and pick up Lynx and her newly bought food.

Rivera walks up to the door and pushes her key in, only to find that it wasn't locked, "That little piece of shit, I'll have his head" she grumbles and walks into the house, I follow awkwardly behind her as she walks into the kitchen. She pulls out a bowl and looks at Lynx, "Is she hungry?" She asks and as if on cue, Lynx meows, she laughed, "You are too cute!" She takes the food from my hand and opens it after asking if I was cool with it.

She pours some into a bowl and then sets it down for Lynx to eat. She looks at me and asks "You hungry?" I sit on a stool, "Starving" she smiles and hands me a turkey loaf, my mouth waters and I bite into it, the delicious taste exploding my taste buds.

I moan in pleasure and close my eyes, this is amazing. "What magic did you put in this, pixie dust, that's stupid, gosh I'm talking rubbish now" I say and Rivera laughs at me, "I'm not a good cook but I make a mean turkey loaf" she smiles.

"You have to give me the recipe, or I will die" I exasperate, she laughs, a nice, warm and funny laughter that makes me join her. She pushes her blonde hair back and sighs, "I have to go change, if River walks in, tell him he's roasted meat" she smiles sweetly but in a creepy way. " How do you know I know River?" I ask as she walks towards the stairs, "Cos he can't shut his mouth about you" she says and disappears up somewhere in the building.

Can't shut his mouth about me, probably insulting cos he's the only person that has seen the scar on my lower abdomen.

I look at Lynx and sigh, she was still munching on the food, the test went well, she wasn't sick at all, just starved, the vet said I should feed her better and that she's an Egyptian mau cat. Cuteness overload!

The front door swings open and I can immediately smell his Cologne, that rough manly scent. I look at Lynx and she's watching me, amusement clear in her eyes, I'm dine for, my cat us making fun of me.

He walks into the kitchen, his brows furrowing as those piercing grey eyes land on me. "Rivera said to tell you you're roasted meat" I say and bite out of the turkey loaf. He rolls his eyes and sits next to me, "What are you doing here? Couldn't resist my awesome looks and charms?" He wiggles his brows, "Oh please you give yourself too much importance, and if you meant your stupidity instead of charms, it's alright, we're not gonna judge you for being a bozo" I smile sweetly as I throw my answer at him, he puts his hands in his chest as if cradling it, "You hurt me Winters, that stung right here" he cries dramatically, feigning hurt, "Drama queen" I mutter under my breath.

"So, d'you get the cat?" He asks, eyeing the other turkey loaf on my plate, I pull the plate closer to me, "Yeah, she was just starved, so Lynn told me to feed her a lot and cone back after a month for a checkup" I say as I bite into my new turkey loaf. "Hmm, why are you here anyways?" He asks picking up Lynx, "Took the wrong keys, so I'm locked out until my dad's back" I look up at him and see that Lynx is so carefree with him. A smile tugs at my lips, "Guess your stuck with all thus awesomeness, you should be thankful" he says smugly and the smile dropped from my face.

Way to go idiot.

I roll my eyes and finish the turkey loaf. Then the next thing I hear is yelling before River us tackled to the floor and Rivera on him with a feather in her hand and she tickled his ears and nose with the feather.

I'm surprised cos as huge as River is, he doesn't seem to be able to get Rivera off him even with the thrashing and turning. His full blown laughter fills the house, it looks like this isn't the first time this has happened, whatever he tried, Rivera didn't budge.

"How many fucking times do I have to tell you to fucking lock the door before you fucking leave the fucking house?!" She yelled and I cringed every time she said the F-word.

"I'm sorry okay!?" River yelled as I watched them in amusement, watching how River tried to wrestle out of Rivera's iron grip.

After what seemed like hours of torture, River comes up looking all beat up and breathing hard. I crack up when he sees my face and starts to blush, realizing that his shirt it torn.

He's such a dork.

____________ ________________
____________

Hey guys. What did you think of this chapter?

Did you love the cocky and narcissistic side of River or you prefer the cold and far off guy?

What did you think of Rivera? I know their features are nothing alike but that will be explained later in the book.

What do you like to the in summer?

Don't forget to vote and leave your answers in the comment section.

Much love

-r