Chapter 35

"Are you sure you still want to do this? I mean we could-"

"Luke?"

"Yeah?" I look at him.

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes, watching me closely as I push open the door.

"I have a terrible feeling about this!" He cries and I look at him, giving him a look.

"Would you chill? We're just going to the book store to see the girl that likes you." I tell him and he gulps.

Yep, dork, geek, whatever you call him, someone actually likes him.

I was seriously surprised when he said someone had been looking at him weirdly, occasionally twirling her hair, whatever girls do to get guys' attention.

Obviously, Jake told him that the girl likes him and now we're going to see this girl.

"Where did you say she's at?" I ask, looking around the room.

"Right around this corner." He mumbled, playing with his green beanie. I look around and catch a girl already eyeing Luke, I roll my eyes and walk over to her, her black hair pulled up into a ponytail.

She looks from Luke and stares at me with a bitchy face. "Who're you?" She asks, looking me up and down.

"The girl that's going to see if you're actually good for dork-o over here, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop popping that gum like Harley Queen, would ya?" I ask and flop down into the chair.

She immediately straightens up, flashing me a really bright smile.

"Could you bring the smile down a notch, I might just go blind and puke at the same time.

She glares at me but immediately changes it to another smile, looking at Luke and blinking innocently.

Pfft, my butt!

I look over at Luke and he looks like he was about to shit his pants. I roll my eyes at him and look back to the girl.

"Okay, listen here you little twat, no looking at him until I'm done talking to you and when I'm sure about you, then you can go out with him." She looks at me, scowling and grinding her teeth. I raise a brow at her.

She closes her eyes, taking in a deep breath, she opens her eyes and when she sees the smirk on my face, her left eye twitches.

My smirk turns into an ear to ear grin and I look at Luke, who was really red in the face.

"Okay, so you like books?" I ask and she nods, looking at me like I was stupid.

I brush it over and lean in, "So, have you heard of Austin Henderson?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Duh, he's like a very famous author, but I hate his book, like it's so cheesy, I mean come on, he could do better, 'The stars in our sun'? Is that even possible?"

She laughs, looking at me, before her eyes travel to Luke, whose eyes were huge and he looked livid!

"And we're done here, thank you for the crush but you obviously don't know your limits." I say and stand up, reaching for Luke.

He glares at her one last time before walking out of the store with me.

"I can't believe her! I mean, didn't she recognize me? I'm Austin Henderson!" He yells, pulling the beanie off his head, before storming off.

I just stood there, frozen, watching his retreating back.

This was one of the rare moments where Luke got mad, I mean, yeah, he published one of his books, and yeah people will criticise his books, but I don't get if that actually gets to him hard.