Chapter 55

My head hurt like I got hit on the head with a flipping frying pan. Maybe I did, I never actually saw who knocked me out.

I lay there on the awkwardly comfortable warm surface, groaning. I try to open my eyes, and when I do, I don't see anything because of the darkness. It's like pitch black in here, there's no single thing in sight.

I try to stretch my arms but find out that it's restrained, binding me to the bed. Even my legs!

I don't even struggle, I don't have enough energy in me to do that, I'd rather wait for whoever kidnapped me to show up and then I can talk my way out of this like I always do, or probably kill... It'll be fun.

I lick my lips and turn my head to the side, breathing in and breathing out, slowly. I wet my lip, my mouth dry from how many hours I've been passed out.

What even happened? Why do they need me? What's going to happen to Neferankh? What's going to happen to my dad?

What's going to happen to me?

I sigh, curling my fingers into fists. I close my eyes, gritting my teeth and letting out a huff of breath.

I need water!

"Hey! Kidnapper guys! Can you get me some water?!" I yell, raising my head to see if anyone will maybe open a door or something.

When I hear nothing, I rest my head back, rolling my eyes. They're probably not out there, maybe they're just having a delicious meal that I'm really craving for, or drinking the last drops of water in whatever store they have, I sure will be doing that if I had me captive.

I start hearing some buzzing, and not the loud kind, just like something opening and then another strange sound. I look around, trying to figure out what it is.

It almost sounds like water swooshing.

What the hell?

I shake against the restraints, struggling as the sound gets closer and I can feel the sheets soaking. I try to sit up but the restraints are holding me down. The water presses against my skin in a caressing manner. I'd honestly enjoy it if I wasn't about to get suffocated.

I try to calm myself down, taking deep breaths, the water rises, covering my face and I struggle. Trying to get up. The restraints wrap tightly around my wrists and ankles, stretching me at the same time I struggle to breathe.

My lungs start burning and I shake my head, the water stinging my eyes. I could see the bubbles in the water from my soundless screaming.

My limbs are being stretched and I'm drowning! That's a fun way to have a first time being kidnapped.

My chest hurts and burns, and I could feel myself slowly losing consciousness. The torture that seemed like years but truly just ten minutes. It feels like forever until the water starts going down, the torture of waiting for the body to lessen until I was able to breathe.

I suck in large breaths, blinking and shaking from the cold. My clothes and hair are totally soaked and sticking to my skin. I close my eyes, filling my lungs with air as I hit my head against the bed, the restraints returning my arms and legs back to a comfortable position.

"That wasn't the type of water I needed!" I yell and close my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so cold! They didn't even have the decency to turn up the heat or get me new clothes after the torture they made me pass through. My teeth have been clattering for twenty minutes! And you'll ask how I know, well it's because I don't have anything else to do!

"Can you pleas-se t-turn up the heat?! It's f-f-freezing here!" I yell again into the empty space. Guess what? It's still dark in here and I'm starting to think that underground!

The room starts heating up and I silently thank whoever was listening, at least someone is out there.

My body heats up, warming me. My teeth stop clattering and I let out a satisfied sigh. I should have known something was wrong since the last time they agreed to do something I asked of them, whoever they are, I ended up almost dying from drowning.

And that is the reason why I should have just kept my fat mouth shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My head hurt and the clothes and hair sticking to my skin made me no better. The heat is too much! I feel like I'm going to die! My throat is even more dry than it was when I woke up if that is even possible. My muscles have grown weak and I'm fighting myself to stay awake, because my eye lids are very heavy, they're like led. My wrists are sore and my ankles are rubbed off from trying to get out of here.

The sweat keeps trying to roll into my eyes and I have no hands to wipe it off and turning on the bed to get rid of this sweat is stressing and painful on my upper body.

It's been about twenty minutes and I feel myself losing consciousness slowly, my mouth has been open, sucking in the air that I can.

It feels good to close my eyes, even if it's for a second... or for some minutes... or probably an hour...

******

The frosty air bites at my skin, shocking me awake. I gasp and try to cover myself from the frost,  but still, I'm restrained.

"It's s-so c-c-cold."

Do these people not have any shame?! Restraining a girl until she gives up? When she's defenseless?!

My fingertips are numb and I can't feel my legs, my lips aren't even trembling again and I'm sure they're blue and rough. My lids are almost frozen, my teeth are hurting from the cold and I feel on the brink of death.

Why the hell did I even disagree to be River's girlfriend?!

Oh River!

If and when I get out of here, I'm going to kiss the hell out of him! And I need to see my daughter. My beautiful baby, my cute baby girl. Oh she must be in so much pain! She must miss me so much, and dad, and Kyler, and Min-Jun and River and Rivera and Luke  and Marc and Nova and Layla, and the Morakes family and probably my mom.

Mom.

Leukemia.

I wish I can see her just one more time.

Just one more.

I don't even care about the brain freeze that has been affecting me and the frozen tears on my skin, all I want is to see my family one more time.

One more time.

One more...

...time

____________________ ____________________
_____________________________

Alright!

Okay so here is your update in like a really long time!

I missed this!

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Until next time,

Much love

-r