Chapter 31

I wrap my arms around his neck, his arms pin me by my waist against the wall, my lips part and I lick them, his gaze transfers from my eyes to my lips, him watching the action.

"Kai." His voice seemed so distant, almost like he wasn't here. Something pushes me, shaking my arm, and I turn to snap when I see River looking at me with worried eyes.

I blink and realize I was on the couch.

It was a dream.

The actual-?

I moan and turn, my eyes landing on Neferankh eating fried potatoes and also feeding them to Lynx. I groan and look at River whose eyes are twinkling in amusement. I glare at him and roll over, falling in the process.

River bursts out laughing and Neferankh just looks at me for like two seconds before going back to her food.

Rude!

"I think I broke my butt." I whine and rub my neck. River wake up to me and picks me up, "You were out like a light after 30 minutes, and you slept for three hours straight, how do you do that with a child around?" He asks.

I sit on the couch, blinking away the sleep, "Jake taught her how to wake me up, and also, when she's around, I don't sleep deep." I say with a yawn. He chuckles and site beside me.

"So, what'd you wanna do? Your dad and your friends aren't coming back until night time, Min-Jun called and said he's also staying out late, I don't know what to do and Rivera won't let me in the house unless you convince her that you're no longer mad at me."

I raise a brow at him and when I realize that he wasn't kidding I sigh and get up, picking up Neferankh since she was done and was trying to smash the plate on the floor.

"Come on, let's go." I say and grab the keys. He follows me and takes Neferankh from me, making her leave the hair she was tugging on. He kisses her cheek and my heart swells at the sight.

I double check to see if the door is really locked and when I'm sure, I turn and follow him to his house.

He lets my baby ring the doorbell and she jumps back when the sound blasts through the air.

I chuckled and she makes an annoyed face at me. The door swings open and Rivera faces the three of us, her eyes going to my face, then to Neferankh's before settling in River, whom she glares at.

He gulps and I roll my eyes, smiling widely.

"So, got anymore of those cinnamon rolls?"

*******

Lynx and Neferankh sit on the floor, squealing and meowing, as they both played. I turn back to Rivera who keeps glaring at River for every bite he takes into the rolls.

He finishes the last one and passes Rivera the plate, smiling.

Do not tell me he's oblivious to all the glares that have been sent his way!

Rivera scoffs and slams her hands on the table, making Neferankh and Lynx to stop what they were doing.

"You ignore her for six days and all of a sudden you find out that it wasn't her fault, you come into my house and way my rolls without apologizing or getting your knees, begging for her forgiveness and hand me your plate and smile at me?"

She sends furious, she was slowly making her way towards him and he shrugs in a 'yeah' way.

She laughs maniacally, before lunging at him.

Telling something about respecting the gender that carried children for none whole months while snacking his head with a pillow.

Neferankh and Lynx just continue playing, almost like it's the most natural thing that seen.

And I,

I just sit back, relax and eat my rolls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dad, the guys and Min-Jun actually came back really late. True to their words, they came back with McDonald's fries and pizza for me.

You can never have too much food.

Rivera have Neferankh some food so she went to bed immediately we got home. Lynx was lying beside her, on my bed while we ate dinner.

Rivera finally stopped beating River after she was sure he had a bruise, which he got from her slippers.

She let him sleep in the house but made sure he promised to make up for the six days in six thousand ways.

I still am rolling my eyes at the thought of that.

Nigel shoves his pizza in Adrian's face and Cosmo bites out of Jake's pizza.

Kole and Min-Jun wat their pizza in silence with Dad, Luke had gone home because his mom was having a craving for olives and he has to get them for her.

I wonder how she doesn't vomit when she eats that.

Pizza slaps against my face and I glare at Cosmo who just laughs and brings out his phone, taking a picture.

Adrian laughs and I focus my glare on him, making him shut up and the rest of the guys laugh loudly.

I groan and shake head, trying to clear off any sleep.

Min-Jun looks at me and smiles, dropping his pizza and sticking his hand out, I grab it and follow him upstairs.

"You seem tired." He says as we enter my room, trying to be as quiet as possible so as not to wake Neferankh and Lynx up.

"Yeah, I just want to sleep."

"Then sleep." He says and I smile, nodding.

He walks out of the room and I walk to my window, staring at the starry sky before looking back to the window that has been closed for six days.

My eyes catch grey.

My lips stretch into a smile and he smirks, raising his arms and running his fingers through his hair.

I roll my eyes, chuckling lightly and he walks away, coming back in another outfit.

This time, he's wearing a black cloak, he goes and lights candles around the room, putting his hands together and doing a wierd dance in a circle.

I laugh and Lynx's head poor up, looking at me.

Neferankh turns and mutters before finally opening her eyes, she just lays in one place, blinking at me. Then she starts making small noises.

Min-Jun walks in right on time and carried her away, shaking his head and pinching her cheeks.

He picks up his phone and does a 'Call me' thing with his hands and I shut my curtains, laughing to myself.

I flip down on my bed, grabbing my phone and telling him that I just want to sleep for an hour.

Romero: Okay, I'll call you in two hours.

Me: I just need an hour.

Romero: then I'll see you in two hours.

I roll my eyes and put my phone on the table, yawning, I drop my head on the pillow and close my eyes.

Letting myself sleep.

Until I open my eyes and stare at the gun that's pointed at me.

_______________ ______________
___________________

If you caught in to this, there are many scenes where Kai is sleeping, well that's because it's 12:55 am here and I'm really sleepy.

I have to go to bed now, I just had to check in this chapter.

Until next time,

Much love

From a very sleepy author,

-r