Chapter 14

I'm so late right now, what's worse Lynx wouldn't stop tugging at my hair, she thinks its yarn or something. "Please Lynx, I didn't train you this way young lady!" She just meows in a mocking way. I sigh and grab my backpack, running down the stairs to get to Luke before he decides to leave me.

I hug my dad, rushing out the door still with Lynx on my head, I rush towards River's house and knock rapidly on the door. Rivera's head pops out when she opens the door, "Oh, I see the situation, c'mon Lynx, let's have toast" my eyes widen at how she takes her off my head so easily, Lynx is such a betrayer!

I run my hand through my thick curls and run to the car, I settle in and slam the door just as he zooms off.

The drive to school is faster than usual thanks to Lynx, and we're extremely late. As soon as we reach the parking lot, we break out into a run. Luke has Biology and I have math class, I know, who wants math as first period?

I stop abruptly and open the door, making about twenty to thirty eyes fall on me. I kind of shrink as the wicked gaze of Ms. Dorcas falls on me, "Why are you so late Kai?" She asks in a suspiciously calm voice.

"Uh, I uh- I......um- I-" I suck my lip in when I see her left eye twitching, "Take a seat and make sure this doesn't happen again" I gulp and walk over to my seat.

I slip into the seat and sink low, already hating today. Wednesday used to be my day, what happened?!

Yesterday was awkward, I told River about my mom, then school became a little annoying and then I got home and played with Lynx, then ate dinner with dad, spoke to River till one this morning.

Everything was going well until someone decided to whisper about my sorry behind being such a loser, I turn and realise that it was of course... Nyla.

The one and only queen bee.
I see her smirking, almost like she knows something about me. I quirk a brow and give her a sweet smile, just like a 'I dare you' look. I roll my eyes and look back at Ms. Dorcas, forty five minutes of boring, here I come.

Yay me!

><><><><

"Ruuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh"

"Ruuuhhh"

"Ruuuuuh-"

"Would you be quiet for the love of ketchup" Luke screams and shoves a handful of his fries into his mouth, I look in disgust as he puts ketchup on it. I fake gag and continue my wailing.

"Ruuuuhhhh-"

"Kai!" He screams and everyone looks at him, "What? I hate ketchup" he rolls his eyes and I look at the miserable slop that they call food, I push the tray and hit my head on the table, I feel someone plop down in the empty space beside me, I turn my head and look at those annoying grey eyes, "Ruuuhhhhh" I say into my arm making it muffled.

"What's wrong with her?" He asks, "She forgot to pack her lunch, then there was no pizza, then she bought this slop with her last bucks, and now she's hungry" he says and takes that fry bathed in disgust.

"I'm not hungry" I say and my stomach grumbles, "You don't say?" Luke laughs and River curses making me flinch, "What's wrong?" He asks moving closer, "She just hates it when people cuss" Luke says and shoves his fries into his mouth.

"Oh, well if she's so hungry then why isn't she eating your fries?" River asks and I make a face, "She hates ketchup" I roll my eyes as River gasps, "Oh please don't make such a big deal 'bout it"

"How can you hate ketchup? That's impossible!" River exclaimed. "Oh yeah? What happens when your best friend takes some of his moms pad and pits ketchup on it, then you walk in and see him lucking it, and you think it's blood but then find out its ketchup, would you still love it?" I ask and River pales.

"I thought so" I laugh, Luke rolled his eyes "It was supposed to be a prank you nugget?"

"Nugget?" River questions with a weird look on his face. This time I roll my eyes at Luke's pathetic use of insults. I rub my temples and close my eyes for a few seconds, the stupid physics test still destroying my last brain cells. Ugh!

Cal strides over and drops down in the seat next to Luke, great, its a party, why doesn't everyone just come along?

And then the worst things happen, Nyla and her minion Catalina start walking towards our table, to be clear, I did not mean it when I said everyone could come along, but the world doesn't give us what we want huh?

"So are you guys coming to my party Friday night?" Cal asks as he takes a huge bite of his sandwich, River shrugs, Luke nods and I groan, not caring at all.

"Oh my gerd, Kai did you eat a pig?" Catalina laughs and flips her hair, in my face!

"Watch it Dingus! You never know when I may barf up the sibling of yours I ate" I say and River snickers, she furrows her brows, clearly not understanding what I just said.  "Whatever, and Cal what are you doing, like did I just hear you invited them to your party?"

"Yeah, its my party" he shrugs and takes another bite of his sandwich. I roll my eyes and mutter to myself, "Control freak" Nyla turns with a glare in her face, "What are you talking about bitch?"

I groan and close my eyes, "You turned out to be a bitch just like your mother huh? Did she teach you her ways? Oh wait! She ran away like a slut" she laughs with Catalina, my brows furrow and I tilt my head slowly and pry my eyes open, she had that victory smirk on her face, its almost like she's waiting for me to explode in anger.

Instead I do the opposite.

I burst out laughing.

______________ _______________
____________________

Hey guys!

What did you think of the chapter?

I'd love to read your comments on this chapter.

Don't forget to hit little star.

And if you have any ideas for the next chapter, write it down in the comment section or message me.

Much love

-r