Chapter 59

My body slams into the familiar walls, a scent filling my nose, a scent that I've missed so much. My tears stream down my face, sobs cracking through my body. Dad's arms wrap around me, pulling me closer if that's possible.

"I missed you! I missed you so much dad!" I cry, burying my face into his shoulder. He pulls from me, holding my face in his hands as he studies me. "What happened to you Kai? Where were you?" He questions, his eyes red as tears well them up.

I shut my eyes, resting my head against his chest. "It doesn't matter now, all that matters is I'm home. I'm home." I whisper, inhaling his fruity scent.

"Kai?" I hear my brother's voice and I pull away from dad, rushing to meet Kyler. He grabs me quickly, his hands holding me down as I wrap my hands around his neck. Min-Jun hugs me next, then all the boys, then Rivera and her brothers, her husband and finally, Min-Jun's mom.

My baby was safely tucked in Rivera's arms, her eyes wide with surprise and a lot of happiness. Liam stands next to her, a small smile on his face, he was still in the uniform he had used to bring us home.

Home.

I walk to Rivera, my arms spread out and she let's put a sob, throwing one hand around me and pulling me close to her, I relax my head into her neck, feeling her tears wet my skin. "I missed you so much, don't ever scare us like that again."

"Yeah, don't ever, I had to watch my baby ask for mama everyday." I hear Stefano's voice coming from inside and I rush to him, wrapping my arms around him.

I can't believe the whole Morales family came to see me!

Lisa pulls Stefano away and throws her arms around me, crushing me with her tight bear hug. When they all get a chance to hug me, I go for my daughter, plastering kisses all over her forehead and face. She giggles and touches ed s the injury on my forehead, my arm that was newly wrapped after the drilling, River's wrapped head, I'm so glad that everything is over.

Last two weeks, when they'd found us, we were barely recognizable, my arm had already been infected, I'd been drowned more times than I could imagine, I was tied to the bed, and had been tortured, River had been hanged from the wall, beaten up, turned upside down, passed out.

We were this close to death.

And one day, the military barged in, taking us all by surprise! The look on Adrian's face when he saw Liam was mortifying. They were planning to escape, but got shot in the legs, it took me almost all of my willpower not to grab the gun and shoot them in the head immediately. They were arrested and flown back home. We were in the middle of fucking Dublin.

All the way over in Ireland!

I don't know what happened to them and I honestly don't care, I don't even want to care what happens to Adrian. All I know and am happy for is that my family is safe, that's all I care about.

~~~~~~~

After taking a long, relaxing shower, I go downstairs where Lisa had already made more food than she usually does. Shed been here for the whole month that I'd been missing. I can't believe I almost missed my daughter's birthday. My Neferankh!

I take a plate of chicken parmesan, cumin spiced chicken meatballs, calzones and some Tuscan tortellini soup. I don't care if I'll have a jumbled up stomach.

Luke had come around with Sergio, after a while, he'd been in school and he ran all the way to my house, forgetting that he has a car.

The bays didn't say a word about Adrian and Kara, it's like they'd already found out from Liam. Dad looked disappointed, Jake looked like he was ready to murder him. It was all burts of emotions.

I put my plate at the table, sitting beside River, he smiles when he sees the load on my plate, he takes a meatball, munching on it. "I miss seeing you eat like this, I think you might be the only person to finish mama's foods." He laughs and I roll my eyes, turning my head to see Luca and Neferankh playing, or he's playing with Neferankh, a wide look in his eyes. When she almost falls, he holds her up, sitting next to her with his arm around her. It seems he's talking to her and her eyes are wide, a smile on her face. She reaches for his cheek, taking her small hand and kissing it before putting it on his cheek, like she does to Cosmo. 

"Neferankh is cheating on me!" Cosmo cries, clutching his chest and falling dramatically on Jake who's busy eating his spaghetti and meatballs.

Next thing they're pouncing on each other.

"Tomorrows her birthday." I murmur, looking at River.

"Well why don't we celebrate it now?" He asks, lulling me closer to him, I smile, wrapping my arms around him.

"Its tradition to celebrate your birthday on your-" I'm cut off by him covering my lips with his.

~~~~~~~

"Happy happy happy happy birthday,  happy happy happy happy birthday,  everybody wants to wish you a happy birthday!" They all sing, Luca stands, holding her up as I capture the best moments.

Today, Neferankh is two, and I would've missed it. But I didn't, and I thank fuck that I didn't.

Luca helps her cut the cane and I don't want to intrude love like a bad mother. I'm pretty sure Rivera would kill me if I intruded.

Yes, she totally would, from the look in her eyes as she stares at the two, I'm pretty sure she would.

I shared the cake, or gave them to Kole, I don't know how he was able to manage sneaking the canes with Valentino guarding, or he might've bribed Valentino, who knows.

I let Neferankh play in her cute dress, with lorenzo and Luca, the boys already playing COD and Valentino playing with the dragon balls action figures.

I collapse onto the couch, placing my head on River's lap, he looks down at me.

"I love you." He mutters, his hands brushing my hair back.

"I love you more." I smile, kissing him.

Rivera rushes in through the door, screaming her head off like a banshee. Liam is up on his feet immediately but when he sees the Cheshire smile on her face, he frowns.

"Rivera, are you okay?" Lisa asks and Rivera's eyes widen.

"I'm fucking pregnant!"

Ladies and gentle men, the end of River!!!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏

I'm sorry for this late ending, merry Christmas, happy new Years,  happy ash Wednesday, all of it.

I am working on a new book called The Writer and the Artist.

It's on webnovel but I will start posting updates from today.

I love you all  thank you for following me till the end,

Stay psycho

Stay beautiful.

From your crazy author,

Xoxo,

t4girl16