Chapter 25

Tears soak my shirt and Luke's shirt, the gym was empty, Sansa had taken Camilla to the nurse, everyone left us alone in here.

My sobs and wails had died down to whimpers before it finally stopped. Luke's arms were still wrapped tightly around me, keeping me from running away and hiding in that closet.

I sniffle and pull away when his arms relax around me. He looks me in the eye, cupping my face in his palms, I bite my lip and stare back at him.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I look down, feeling my chest constrict again.

"I- you shouldn't have, you've done so much and I- I can't keep doing this to you, Luke, you're my best friend, not my caretaker." I say truthfully and he rolls his eyes making my lips tug upwards.

"More." He says and pulls the edges of my lips up, stretching my face into a weird smile. I swat his hand away and stand up, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand.

Luke stands up with me and dusts his pants, then he runs his fingers through his hair. He stretches his hand out to me and I walk closer, for one last hug before I put on my hard face.

We walk out together, with me still in my gym clothes, we spent close to three classes right there in the gym class.

All eyes turn towards us, they'd probably heard of my crazy breakdown after almost killing someone and laughing about it.

The whispers, some about how I'm not in a containment or a hospital, some about how they knew I was crazy, and some about how Luke can still be with me.

I tune them all out and walk to my locker, grabbing my backpack and my books, school was over about five minutes ago, and I'd probably get into a lot of trouble since I haven't been attending classes regularly.

My eyes scan the crowd, looking for a certain grey eyed male, hoping to see his face but I don't find him, and I don't think he wants to be found.

I turn to see Luke walking over to me, his backpack around one arm. "You good?" He asks and I nod, before making our way to the doors.

As soon as we get into Luke's car, my façade shatters and I run a hand over my tired face. "I don't wanna go home." I tell him, my bloodshot red eyes turns to look at him, "Just- I want to see Nova."

He nods and starts the car, taking me to his home.

So I sit there in the silence, while having an inner battle with myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into the house with Luke yelling, "I come bearing food!" Nova rushes out of the kitchen as fast as she could, kissing Luke and I on our forehead's like she does every single time I'm here.

Then she grabs the bag from my hand, fishing out the food and walking towards a chair. "I see baby Kai will be coming out soon, she's already so much like me!" I squeal and Nova laughs, shaking her head.

"And who said she's gonna be baby Kai? Obviously she's going to be Marc junior." A male voice says and I turn around, watching the proud smirk on Luke's dad's face, I give him our signature fist bump, then making a 'swoosh' noise.

"Oh please Marc, a girl can obviously not bear Marc you know." I could hear the eye roll in Nova's words, "Of course she can, my daughter will be Marc junior, and that's final." He huffs and Nova raises a brow, challenging him.

"Or we could name her whatever you want since you're the one um bearing her in your uh...yeah." His voice comes out like a squeak, Luke and I burst out laughing, I wheeze and clutch my stomach.