Chapter 20

My heart drops even further in my chest, a sense of panic rising in me, I bite my lip, clenching my fist, my voice remains caught in my throat as I stare at those grey eyes now filled with steel.

"Why didn't you tell me that you have a daughter?" He asks, his tone harsh.

Why is he angry at me? I'm the one who's daughters identity was revealed by an unknown person!

"What difference does it make? If I had told you, you would still question me and look at me like a slut!" I snap, he looks taken aback so I suck in a breath, "She's coming over tomorrow with my grandparents, I was going to tell you and show you when she comes." I say softly. 

"Who else knows?" He asks, his voice deathly silent. "Luke, my dad, my brother, Min-Jun and the guys." I sigh, already feeling a headache. "Who's the father?" I frown, "What?"

"Who's the father? Goddamit!" He yells and runs a hand over his face, "I don't know." I say, steel in my voice. "Get away from me."

Tears well up in my eyes, I stare longer at him, his eyes full of disgust and rejection. The same thing I was sure was going to happen. Rejection.

He did treat me like a slut.

Just like everyone else did when they found out.

It was the only reason I didn't want anyone to know.

I turn to my locker and pull out my math notebook. Sniffing, I blink back my tears and stalk to the class, pulling on a hard face. The whispers became silent, everyone's eyes watching me as I walk away from them.

My body suddenly became heavy, my feet weren't able to move anymore. Everything around me disappeared, all the whispers, the halls, the lockers, my backpack, I was all alone in my horror. In my pain.

Something hard smashes into me, pulling me out of my trance. I look up to see Luke staring at me with wide eyes, worry laced in them, his ocean blue swirls hold a wave of panic and sorrow.

"Kai, are you okay?"

I don't know how to respond to this, I know I'm definitely not fine after what just happened, but I'm fine physically, I look just fine.

I look down, not daring to open my mouth because words definitely won't be what comes out.

"I'll take you home, you can't be here now." He turns us around, grabbing my stuff from my locker, he grabs his and takes me to the parking lot. "I'll go get my car, just..." He trails off when he doesn't get a reaction out of me.

I never cared what anyone thought, why him?

Why him?

Why him?

Why him?!

Why do I have to care so much about what he thinks of me?

Why did he manage to hurt me over the things I've heard and seen a lot of people say and think?

Why?

Why?

Why?!!!

It doesn't take long until Luke pulls over, I unconsciously walk over to the car, pulling the door open, I sit and close the door. He doesn't say anything which I'm grateful for.

My eyes burn, it all comes crashing down, my eyes widen.

"He found out, he out about Neferankh, he told me to get away from him." I whisper, watching the scene play before my eyes again.