Chpater 52

We had gotten to the hospital about forty minutes ago and Nova was still in there, Marc was in there with her and Luke was freaking out. The process shouldn't have been too long and Luke was super jumpy. River was sitting right beside me, calming Luke.

I let out a huff of breath, curling my fist around my mouth as I blew into it. It was like I was reliving the day that I had Neferankh. That day was happy and sad. But more of happy.

I bit my lip as I watched the door, I could hear Nova's moaning and groaning and the occasional cursing at Marc. Poor guy.

"Dude, chill, she'll be alright." River says and Luke swallows, nodding.

There was an ear piercing scream and finally a baby's cry. Me eyes widen and Luke's brighten, he sits straighter and looks at me before abruptly standing, rushing towards the door.

"No, Luke." I call after him but he doesn't stop. I stand up and follow him, coming to stand in front of the door and I hear Marc laughing softly to himself. A doctor opens the door and Luke walks up to him, talking and I give them space and turn to watch River holding a sleeping Neferankh. He looked so cute, his shoulder used as a pillow as she tucked her head into the crook of his neck.

"How's my mom and the baby?" Luke asks and I hear the doctor mutter some answers but my focus is entirely on River. I had heard these words too many times when Ally's aunt gave birth, when Jake's aunty gave birth also, it's all the same.

"Do you want to see Baby Luke now?" I tease Luke when he returns and he smiles proudly. He shakes his head, smiling at me.

"Nah, I think I'll wait for them to clean her up and then we can argue all night long with my dad on which male name is best for her." He says and I snicker.

"Cool, as for me, I'm going to check my head again, I've been getting a lot more dizzy and I think I'll ask for some medicine." I mutter, shooting River a glare. He was the one who caused this. Luke nods, "Alright, but I need to take a shit." He says and I laugh.

"I don't think I needed to know about your bowel movements." I tell him and he rolls his eyes, running off.

"Yeah, I think I'll go to the bathroom too, been holding it too long." River says and hands Neferankh to me making me groan. He turns around and rushes off, leaving me standing in front of the door like a lonely dope. I grumble and push the door open, smiling as I see Nova holding Baby Kai in her arms. Marc sitting beside her and looking at her with so much adoration clear in his eyes.

She was still a little bloodied, only wrapped in a blanket. Obviously a blue one, I mean, I bought it!

"Kai, look at her, did she just really pop out of me?" Nova asks, looking at me.

"Of course, you were awake weren't you? Marc was even here." I say and walk over to the both of them, wiping a little bit of sweat away from Nova's forehead.

"Ma'am, I need to take the baby for her baby now, please." The nurse I had failed to notice in the room says and Nova nods, suppressing a yawn.

"You should rest, Marc'll take care of Baby Kai." I tease and Marc gasps.

"No way, we've already agreed that she's going to be named baby Marc." He says and kisses Nova's forehead. "Where is Luke?" He asks as the nurse takes the baby.

"Bowel movements." I say and he 'ah's.

"You should let her sleep, she'll be exhausted more than what she is now." I say and he nods, kissing her lips for one brief moment before standing up. He walks out with me and I sigh, licking my lips as I rub Neferankh's back to stop her from stirring.