Chapter 12

Lord knows how much I hate physics, and you all know, but why does life always make sure I get all the homework that could last even a nerd a lifetime?

If looks could kill, Mr Phillips would be dead, ten feet under the ground cos he'd still be too close and people would have to restrain me from skinning him.

The stupid bell rings and I shove my notebook into my backpack, rushing out of the classroom not skipping the glare I always give him, his eyes widen as he catches the murderous glare I have on my face, he gulps and a small smirk tugs on my lip.

I walk out of the class, only to roll my eyes as the occasional chant of 'fight' rumble thought the halls. I walk to my locker, but notice the fight is right in front of my locker.

Oh you've got to be kidding me!

I groan and make an annoyed face as i walk towards the fight, the brunette that Luke's always hanging with, I think Piper runs up to me with another blonde girl barely able to keep the horrified look off her face.

"Kai, you have to stop this" she blurts all too fast, I roll my eyes. "Why do I care again?" I ask as I shove my way through the crowd to open my locker. "Its River" she says and I pause, biting my lip as I think, "If he doesn't stop he's gonna kill Kevin!" I turn to face her, "I don't care" then I continue putting my stuff into my locker.

"Please, he'll kill him, you have to stop it" tired of everything, I sigh and look at him, "If I stop it now he'll take his anger out on him somewhere else, besides, River doesn't talk to anyone so if he's gonna kill Kevin, its Kevin's fault, he must have said some crap to anger River" I state. They look at each other and back at me.

I make my way through the cheering crowd and to the centre where the fight was becoming bloody. Kevin's face was busted and his nose was probably broken from the way it was bleeding, he looked almost lifeless, but the small struggles showed he was still alive just really weak.

I blow out a breath when I realized that it was getting too much, i licked my lip and called out loud enough for everyone to hear, "Morales!" Everybody seemed to pause and stare at him, he stared at me and I quirked a brow, he shoved him back and stood up, the glare still fixated on Kevin's body. With a little jerk back of my head, River walked out, but without narrowing his eyes at me.

I rolled my eyes for the hundredth time today and stared back at the booing buffoons. "Someone take him to the nurse and if anybody asks, tell them everything that happened, every single thing" two guys carefully picked up Kevin and I look at everyone with satisfaction on my face.

I turn and follow River out, not bothering to get to the last class. I find him leaning against his car in the parking lot, a cigarette stick between his lips. I walk slowly to him and sit on the trunk, he exhales deeply, a puff of smoke covering my face.

"Why did you stop me?" His voice deep and rough, I bite my lip, "It was getting to far, but I should have let you break his jaw" I say and he chuckles softly, "Why didn't you stop me earlier?" He asks as he turns to face me.

"Because I know what it feels like, to want to murder someone but get cut off, its like death in itself, the anger and rush of adrenaline would be forever there unless you take it out on someone or something"

He looks at me for a while, then turns to look into the far distance. "You smoke?" I shake my head, "No" he inhales again, "You're the only girl that doesn't smoke and still not tell me those shit" I let out a small chuckle, "Well, I would tell you that you may have lung cancer and may die but I can tell a lot of people have told you that and it wouldn't make any meaning to you again since you still smoke"

His lips tug into a smile, "But you may still die" I say and he rolls his eyes. "I'd rather die in bliss than thinking about all the stupid shit I haven't done yet" my brows raise in question "Yet?" He let's out a full blown laugh and I find myself joining him.