Chapter 43

"I just wanna be part of your symphony!"

"Tell me how it gon' feel without me!"

"Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again!"

"And baby I'm, dancing in the dark!"

"Gangam style!"

"What?"

"What?"

"Whaaa?"

"You were totally singing like a horse back there."

"No, did you hear yourself? I'd rather be a dying horse than sound like you."

"Hey!"

My head is pounding and the guys aren't helping me.

Lynx is sleeping on my stomach and Neferankh is busy on the floor, coloring her book.

"Guys." I say weakly and they all snap their heads to me.

"Please, don't destroy my remaining brain cells with your horrible singing, Lynx is even having a hard time sleeping because of you guys."

Their eyes meet the floor and I laugh, telling them to come over with my arm. They all sit at my feet on the floor, picking up the blanket on the floor.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Cosmo asks, biting his lower lip. I look to Nigel who's texting Ally, his girlfriend.

"I don't know, movies?" I ask them and they shrug.

"I'll order pizza." Kole says and pulls put his phone while Jake goes to put in the movie.

We decided to use his laptop just for the fun of it, and beside, I'm tired of looking at big screens.

The sun was slowly setting, painting the sky an orange, red and pink.

It almost looked like we were under the sea in spongebob.

"Alright, so I've decided on a scary movie to lift up my mood." He smiles with me and the boys groan.

"What movie?" Adrian asks, "The Nun." He says and I quirk a brow.

"No! No, we are not watching that at this time, NO!" I hear Nigel shout and jump up from where he was sitting.

"What, scared?" Cosmo taunts and Nigel glares at him.

"I am not scared!" He protests.

"Then prove it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So we watched the movie.

Turns out, we're all scared right now and we're huddled up in my room, on my bed, trying not to scream.

We closed the door, Neferankh tightly tucked in my arms as she sleeps, clutching the paper boat that Min-Jun had made her.

"I'm so fucking scared!" Cosmo mutters.

"Shut it, you were the one that made me watch it!" Nigel seethes and smacks his hand under the sheets.

"Hey, none of that in my room, this is all your stupid fault Jake." I say.

"Come on, you all agreed to this, even you Nigel,  to prove that you weren't a scaredy cat, no offense Lynx." He says and Lynx meows from where she sat on my table.

"Okay, let's just sleep, it'll help."

*****

Going to sleep was really hard when Kole's snoring could be heard from mile away.