Chapter 41

"Kai, Kai?" I hear a voice and feel someone poke me.

Maybe if I ignore it, it'll go away.

Poke.

Poke.

Pokepokepoke.

Poke.

"Cosmo, back the hell up." I yell and turn to glare at him only to see him goggle-eyed.

Shit, I said a bad word.

Shit, I said it again.

Holy mother of all things holy!

Fudge, fudge, fudge, fudge, fudge!

Dang it!

I groan and close my eyes, blowing out some air from my mouth.

River is a bad influence, what am I saying?
Everyone I live with is a bad influence!

I pull up the covers and snuggle deeper into the pillow that River had rubbed his scent all over.

Mints, apples, boy.

Cosmo poker my side again and I groan.

"What do you want form me you sleep monster?" I fake cry, as all the sleep got wiped out.

"I'm just here to ask you something that Kole said I should ask you, purple shirt and dark shorts, you know the usual, or, white shirt and white shorts or just plain black?" He asks.

I think about it for a minute and go for the black, matching my mood.

"Black, as my soul." I cry dramatically.

Today, is freedom day.

Today, I leave this horrible smelling building.

No offense to all patients and doctors who are stuck in a hospital.

Today, I get crutches, for the first time in my life.

Yay me!

What am I doing? My life sucks!

I can't box, oh no, I'm stuck with crutches and someone is trying to kill me!

Universe!

Wah-ha-ha-hayi???!!!

He nods and walks out of the room, mentioning that River was coming in next.

Luke had gotten a lot better, if not better than me. He didn't get hit a lot, just messed with his arm and his consciousness.

I got the most hit, I had two broken ribs, hence the pain in my side, a broken leg, a sore arm, not from the accident but from slapping Cosmo, Kole, Nigel and Kyler too much.

Oh yeah, where was I?

Right, yeah, so, I have a sore neck, from lying down too much.

A concussion from having to deal with all this stuff and now, a heavy feeling in my heart because I have to go home and face reality.

That being lots of homework.

And a whole load of explanation.

Oh skittles!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Home sweet home!" I yell, inhaling the sweet scent of the familiar cookies and vanilla.

Kyler helps me to the chair, since I still haven't gotten the hang of these frustrating crutches.

River sits beside me, Jake holding Neferankh in his arms while she sleeps. Dad walks up to me, handing me a chocolate bar.