𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟑

❝𝑯𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒎𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇, 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒎𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇.❞ -- 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒔

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

By the time Astrid and Anakin reached Master Yoda by the towering ice wall, the other Padawans had emerged behind the Jedi Master, all having found their kyber crystals. The Padawans all gawked at the two of them, probably wondering how in the world the pair of them had ended up outside of the Crystal Caves without them noticing. 

Astrid shivered in her fur-lined cloak and balled her hands into fists as she buried them in the wide sleeves of her cloak. 

She was grateful to Master Yoda for saving their lives, but she knew Anakin was right; they were about to get a major lecture. He was probably going to admonish them for being rash and stupid. 

Going down a tunnel into the unknown you did. Why? she could hear his questioning, disapproving croak. Entered through the cave you did, but exit through the ice wall you have. How did this happen? Hmm?

Master Yoda would probably inform Aayla Secura, her blue-skinned master, that Astrid had not undergone The Gathering correctly. She had free fallen from the ice wall, for crying out loud, rather than exit through the old Jedi Temple entrance the way she'd came. 

Who does that?

Her rite of passage hadn't exactly been...conventional. But what did she expect?

She'd been with Anakin Skywalker. 

The Padawans were giving them curious looks as Master Yoda harrumphed with a chuckle, "Had an adventure you did, young ones? Hmm?" 

Astrid and Anakin exchanged worried glances before Astrid replied uncertainly, "Yes, we did." She paused before deciding she'd better explain what had happened, so she continued, "We got trapped in a pit, and this tunnel was the only way out, and then the next thing we knew, we had emerged from the caves and we were free falling from the ice wall." 

Master Yoda simply smiled, and Astrid couldn't help but feel a little taken-a-back. Master Yoda prompted eagerly, "Learn something you did, young ones?" His wide, brown eyes glanced between the two of them expectantly. 

Astrid wrung her hands together and opened her mouth to speak, but Anakin and Astrid spoke in unison as they said, "To not fear failure." 

They exchanged surprised looks. They'd had the same fear. 

Master Yoda merely chuckled again before turning to Marilyn and Ida. "And you two?" 

Marilyn grimaced as she replied, "I learned to not be so afraid to be alone. I can rely on myself." 

Meanwhile, Ida smiled and lifted her chin proudly as she responded, "I learned to take control and be myself, and to stop following others." 

Master Yoda smiled, and pride glistened in his bulbous eyes before he turned to Maddox. "And you?" 

Maddox straightened when he realized Master Yoda was speaking to him, and he answered, "I learned patience." 

Master Yoda nodded before saying solemnly to the entire group, "The rite of passage this is, Padawans. Face your fears you must if you are to become true Jedi." 

Astrid glanced down at her hand as she unfurled her fingers to reveal the kyber crystal gleaming on her palm. She had done it. She'd succeeded. Now, she could finally have a lightsaber of her own.