𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟑𝟒

❝𝑰'𝒎 𝒂 𝑴𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏, 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒊𝒐𝒏.❞ -- 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Astrid was beginning to think bothering with the Death Watch was a bad idea. Maybe she should've listened to Obi Wan, after all. 

Astrid followed Bo out of the building-- Astrid supposed it was the Death Watch's headquarters-- and into the frigid outdoors. The snow had picked up a little, the temperature dropping with the setting sun, and Astrid spotted several Mandalorians clustered outside one particular building. 

"What's happening over there?" Astrid asked as she studied the group of armored Mandalorians. 

Bo began walking towards them as she answered unfeelingly, "That's where the Jedi is being held. Now, come along now. Pre Vizsla will want you to watch." 

Astrid swallowed nervously as she followed at Bo's heels. She hunched her shoulders up against the blistering cold as snow pelted one side of her face in the direction of the wind. The Mandalorians caught sight of Bo, and they instantly moved aside to allow her clear access to the building's entrance. 

Bo didn't glance their way as she stalked past them, and she shoved open the door and stepped inside without bothering to hold it open for Astrid. Astrid quickly hurried inside the building after her before the door could close. 

Astrid found herself staring down a row of cells on either side of the long room. It appeared as if this building was only composed of the one room. There were roughly fourteen cells with seven on each end, and about half of them were occupied. 

One of the prisoners looked like some sort of pirate, judging by his wrinkled, leather-like skin and the clothes he wore. Two of the prisoners were some type of species Astrid had never seen before, and the other two were both Togruta's like Ahsoka. 

At the far end, Astrid caught sight of Pre Vizsla standing before one of the cells, hands clenched tightly around the metal bars composing the cell's walls. Bo marched down the row of cells towards Pre Vizsla, and Astrid quickly hurried after her. 

Her heart stabbed with pain at the sight of the pitiful prisoners, knowing she couldn't help them, at least not right now. When Astrid neared Pre Vizsla, she saw Anakin leaned against the far wall of his cell, arms crossed defiantly over his chest as he stared down the Death Watch leader.

"For the last time, I was sent to talk with the Concordia government, but seeing as the Concordia governor is the Death Watch leader, I've come to the right place," Anakin was saying snappily to Pre Vizsla. 

Astrid winced slightly as she beheld his bloodied face and bruised cheek. His sierra colored hair was tousled from the fight the Mandalorians must have given him when he'd been discovered as a Jedi. 

Anakin's gaze moved to where Astrid stood just behind Pre Vizsla before he quickly glanced away. Pre Vizsla's hands tightened on the bars until his knuckles turned bone white. "Who sent you, Skywalker?" he demanded. "The Jedi Order doesn't send out their Jedi unless they've been contacted about a disturbance in the peace." 

His voice was mocking as he said the words, 'disturbance in the peace'. 

A smirk tugged at Anakin's lips as he replied without hesitation, "Duchess Satine, of course. She requested the Order's assistance because--" He floundered for words here before quickly finishing, "because she's been attacked repeatedly lately."