𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟑𝟖

❝𝑰𝒇 𝑰 𝒈𝒐 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉, 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒅.❞ -- 𝑨𝒉𝒔𝒐𝒌𝒂 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒐

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

When Astrid and Ahsoka arrived at Coruscant, the blue slated sky was filled with thick, grey smoke that plumed up above the area where the Jedi Temple had been bombed. 

"Unbelievable," Ahsoka breathed from the co-pilot's seat at the sight of the smoking temple. 

Astrid nodded her agreement. But hadn't she thought just a few years ago that it would be easy for someone to bomb the temple and senate from Coruscant's skylanes? Perhaps the Senate would be next. But then Astrid remembered that someone had bombed the temple from the inside, which busted Astrid's entire skylane bombing idea. 

When their starship magnetized to the landing pad in front of the temple, Master Secura and a red and white armored clonetrooper-- a Coruscant Guard by the colors of his armor-- were waiting by the entrance of the Jedi Temple. Astrid made quick work of shutting down the engines and lowering the ramp, and soon enough she was bounding towards her former master. 

"Thank you for coming, Astrid and Commander Tano," Master Secura greeted the two Jedi as they came to a stop before her. 

"Of course," Ahsoka responded readily. "I just can't believe someone on the inside would do this! Where did the bombing occur?" 

"In the hangar," Master Secura answered, her blue skinned face solemn. "Several of our clonetroopers and maintenance workers died from the explosion." 

The clone trooper beside Master Secura suddenly cleared their throat, and the three Jedi looked at him expectantly. When the clonetrooper spoke, his voice sounded slightly mechanical through his white and red helmet. "We have already discovered the, uh, nature of the bomb." 

Astrid frowned. "The nature of the bomb? What do you mean?" 

The clonetrooper answered, "Volatile nano droids were placed in the bloodstream of a maintenance worker of the name Jackar Bowiman. We have his wife in custody now in the Republic Military Base." 

"I would like to meet with her," Astrid said, and Master Secura nodded in approval. 

"I am afraid I cannot assist you in any way, Astrid and Ahsoka, since I was in the temple when the bombing occurred," Master Secura told them forlornly, "but I wish you luck." She indicated to the clonetrooper and said, "This is Commander Fox. He will be here to assist you in any way." 

Astrid smiled gratefully at the clonetrooper. "Thank you, Commander Fox. I look forward to working with you." 

With his helmet on, Astrid couldn't see the clone's facial expression, but she thought she heard a smile in his voice as he replied, "Of course, general." 

"I will take my leave now," Master Secura interrupted. "May the Force be with you all." She inclined her head to the three of them before she turned and headed up the temple steps. 

Astrid turned to Ahsoka and suggested, "I will go and question Mrs. Bowmani at the military base, while you question everyone else who was in the hangar to see if one of them may have planted the nano droids inside Mr. Bowmani."