𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟔

❝𝑵𝒐𝒘, 𝒃𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌. 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌.❞  -- 𝑺𝒉𝒎𝒊 𝑺𝒌𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝑨𝒏𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝑺𝒌𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒆𝒓

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Astrid slammed her hands into the metal door, quickly withdrawing them with a hiss at the metal door's scalding heat. She rushed towards the button near the wall, but when she slammed the button to open the door, it only opened a smidge, merely a six inch gap. 

It wasn't enough for Astrid-- or anyone-- to squeeze through. 

"Astrid!" someone shouted. "We need to leave! This ship is falling apart!"

Astrid heard her name being called, but her mind was too frenzied to pay attention, and she needed to get to Anakin, he needed their help, he was injured, maybe even dead, and no, she would not let herself think that, and--

"If we don't leave right now, we're as good as dead!" the person continued, and Astrid recognized the voice as Master Secura. 

What was living if she couldn't be with the one-- the only one-- she truly cared about? The only one she loved

Hands clamped on her shoulders, and Astrid was turned away from the charred controls on the wall. She found herself staring into a pair of blue eyes. 

Ahsoka. 

"Astrid, we're not leaving Anakin behind," Ahsoka told her quietly, and Astrid wondered how she could be so calm. Ahsoka's fingers tightened on Astrid's shoulders. "I'll make sure Master Secura and Commander Bly don't stop you while you get him. I'll make sure they don't leave you." 

Astrid nodded, her frenzied panic transforming into cool determination as their plan solidified, and she took a deep breath. "Okay," Astrid replied, and her hand found her lightsaber at her hip and ignited it. 

Ahsoka stepped away with a smirk, and Astrid heard Master Secura's sputtering protests from behind them at the sight of Astrid's lightsaber. She'd obviously connected the dots of what they were doing. 

 Astrid dashed towards the metal door and sunk her lightsaber through it. Her lightsaber hissed as it melted straight through the metal, and Astrid moved her lightsaber in a circle into the door, creating her own doorway. 

Behind her, she heard arguing and slight scuffling as Ahsoka protected Astrid's back, preventing Master Secura from stopping her. She completed the circle, and Astrid used the Force to shove the metal backwards. 

The circle-shaped metal fell backwards with a clank, the edges of the metal and the outline of the doorway smoking as they glowed red and orange from the heat of Astrid's lightsaber. Astrid carefully stepped through the doorway, the hairs on her arms singeing slightly from the metal's heat. 

As she straightened on the other side of the door, she saw how completely ravaged the hallway was. The walls were charred black, and the hallway was filled with rubble from the caved in ceiling. The air was smoky, and Astrid coughed as she hurried forward, clamping a hand around her nose as she stooped lower to the ground for the cleaner air. 

Astrid scanned the ground desperately as she searched for Anakin, or really any part of Anakin. It was likely he was buried in the rubble. Her heart stuttered and skipped a beat as she spotted Anakin's head sticking out from the rubble.