𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟖𝟏

"𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝑱𝒚𝒏." -- 𝑪𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝑨𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝑱𝒚𝒏 𝑬𝒓𝒔𝒐

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

"So, what's Eadu like?" Astrid asked as their ship grew nearer to the Outer Rim planet. 

Eadu was perhaps one of the only planets Astrid hadn't visited before during her time as a Jedi, and she'd visited a lot of planets. 

Cassian answered with disdain, "It's a sodden lump of a world, according to the files. Small native population, mostly rural nerf herders. Officially, the Empire designates the planet for research and chemical processing." 

Cassian had entered their little space behind the cockpit to sit with them a half an hour ago as if he wanted to make peace with Jyn, but so far he hadn't said a word to her, and Jyn hadn't bothered saying anything to him either. Rather, Jyn had sat in silence, her face turned forward to the wall across from her. 

So, when Jyn finally spoke up, Astrid and Cassian both blinked in surprise. "My father's laboratory was on Eadu before the Empire came into power," she told them stiffly. "That's where he studied the kyber crystals. He always described it as a storm-striken planet."

Their ship shuddered as they emerged from hyperspace thanks to K2, who remained in the pilot's seat. Cassian dipped his head towards Jyn before he rose from his seat to join K2 in the cockpit. Astrid felt their ship begin to lower, and she peered through the door leading into the cockpit to look out the viewport. They were dipping down into thick cloud cover. 

"Buckle up," Cassian warned from the cockpit. "It's about to get rough."

Astrid, Jyn, and Îmwe quickly lowered their seat harnesses over their chests. 

Astrid watched as they emerged from the cloud cover, revealing a blue-hued planet composed of jagged rock formations, small mesas, and black stone ridges and spires below. Between the rocky canyons and black rock formations, Astrid spotted twisting streambeds. The cloud cover above was so thick that it appeared to be night rather than daytime, which did much to mire their ship's visibility. Their ship shuddered as it was battered with violent wind gusts, and Astrid gripped her seat's armrests so tightly that her knuckles turned white. 

K2 flew their ship towards a mesa hidden behind a ridge of black rock that was about three hundred yards away from where a spotlit building jutted out from the canyon wall over an abyss. This must be the laboratory where Galen Erso was currently located. 

They landed a bit shakily on the rain-slick mesa before their ship's ramp lowered to the ground. The five of them filed out of the ship into the pouring rain, and Astrid shielded her eyes from the rain with a hand as she surveyed the rainswept terrain. A gale of wind nearly toppled her over with its strength. 

Astrid heard the sound of a gun loading, and she turned to see Cassian standing a few yards away, preparing what looked to be a sniper gun. She frowned, and as her eyes shifted away from Cassian, her gaze caught Îmwe's blank gaze. There was something about Îmwe that told her he was incredibly observant, and even though he could not see with his eyes, she knew he'd noticed Cassian's sniper gun. 

Cassian turned to the four of them as he said, "I'm going to conduct reconnaissance. I'll be back." He turned and jogged away before they could reply, and Astrid felt a strange, unsettling disturbance in the Force as if something bad and very wrong was about to happen.