𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟓𝟏

"𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒌𝒆. 𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏. 𝑰𝒔 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏?" -- 𝑳𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝑺𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔
"𝒀𝒆𝒔, 𝑳𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝑺𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒍𝒔 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒔." -- 𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝑮𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒖𝒔

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Obi-Wan slashed his lightsaber downwards in time to deflect the Separatist missile before it could explode before Commander Cody, his commander of the 212th legion. For days now, Obi-Wan and the 212th had been stuck on this bridge, fighting the Separatist forces on Yerbana in desperate need of reinforcements. 

A boom shook the bridge underneath Obi-Wan's feet as the missile he'd just deflected exploded near the enemy line sixty yards away. Obi-Wan felt a touch of satisfaction at the destruction the blast brought the Separatist line, but it didn't linger as he deflected another round of blaster fire before ducking behind the destroyed Republic tank next to him where Commander Cody was already taking cover. 

"We've been unable to find the Separatist tactical droid!" Commander Cody informed him over the roar of fighting. "He's been staying out of sight!"

How lovely. 

If they could just find the tactical droid-- the commander of the Separatist forces in Yerbana-- and get rid of him, then the tide of battle would turn towards the Republic's side.

If Anakin were here, Obi-Wan thought with a touch of frustration, then that would be a lot easier to accomplish. 

"Where's Anakin?" Obi-Wan shouted at Commander Cody over the sounds of flying missiles and blaster fire. Exhaustion weighed heavily on him. He was ready for this war to be over already. 

Commander Cody glanced behind Obi-Wan's shoulder, and he replied, a smile in his voice, "He's right here, sir." 

Obi-Wan glanced behind him to see Anakin striding calmly towards them as if oblivious to the flurry of blaster fire in the air. Anakin casually ducked his head to one side as a red blaster fire bolt whizzed over his shoulder. 

"What are you doing down there?" Anakin asked with a smirk as he stopped before them with his arms crossed. He regarded the two of them as if they were insane for ducking behind cover. Anakin dodged another blaster fire with a slight tilt of his body.

"We're taking cover! There are a thousand Separatist droids up ahead. Anakin, get down!" Obi-Wan shouted in exasperation, resisting the urge to reach up and yank Anakin down behind the tank. 

"Oh, alright," Anakin replied with a playful toss of his eyes before he squatted down beside them behind the ruined tank. 

"What are you up to?" Obi-Wan asked, brow furrowing as his eyes narrowed suspiciously. He could see the mischief dancing in Anakin's blue eyes. He'd fought and trained with Anakin enough times to know when his former Padawan had a trick up his sleeve. Anakin was known for his far-fetched, outrageously reckless ploys.