𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟔𝟑

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

The volcanic planet of Mustafar loomed below in a smoking haze of charred black-- the remnants of a once lively, vibrantly green world. Veins of bubbling, orange lava illuminated the black surface of the hot planet like orange forked lightning in a starless night sky. Mustafar was but a planet scorched to nothing, utterly devoid of life. 

Anakin's green star fighter landed atop the landing pad before the Separatist base, which had been built into a black volcano that now loomed ominously before him. All the Separatist leaders and allies were currently gathered at the base per General Grievous's orders from Darth Sidious. 

Anakin-- no, Darth Vader-- was here to kill them all by order from Darth Sidious. 

The glass ceiling of his star fighter popped open, and a second later, Anakin, himself, leapt down to the heated ground of volcanic rock. The smoky air was so hot that it was almost hard to breath. 

The former Jedi took a moment to peer up at the black volcano looming before him before he began striding forward with confident, measured steps. The sound of Artoo's happy beep as the faithful astromech began to follow eagerly after him, cut him short.

"Stay with the ship, Artoo," Anakin told the faithful astromech in a firm, unrelenting voice.

It was a voice filled with enmity and cold resolve, nothing like the exuberant, playful voice of the young Padawan and Jedi Knight he'd once been before he'd traded his soul to the Dark Side to do whatever it took to save Astrid. 

Because for now, he would follow Darth Sidious and his orders, if only so the two of them could uncover the secret to stop death. And once they discovered the secret... he would kill Darth Sidious. 

Artoo beeped sadly as he settled to a stop beside the star fighter, and Anakin continued forward across the walkway to the base's entrance, his dark cloak billowing behind him. He tugged the hood of his cloak over his head as he gripped his lightsaber hilt tighter in his hand. 

By now, Nute Gunray, the Viceroy of the Trade Federation and one of the lead chairmen of the Separatist Council, should have already deactivated the Separatist droids as requested by Darth Sidious. They had no further need for the droids when they now had the Republic clones at their disposal. 

The base was desolate and deathly quiet as Anakin marched through the dark-lit rooms towards the control center where the Separatist leaders awaited his arrival. Anakin came to a stop at the control center's doorway, and he spotted the Separatist leaders assembled around a long, metal table. A few guards stood around the edges of the room. The Separatist leaders sat in nervous silence, the tension in the air thick enough to cut through with a knife. 

At the sight of the hooded Jedi at the door, Nute Gunray quickly rose to his feet from where he sat at the head of the table at the far end of the room. The viceroy's small, red eyes matched his crimson red attire, and his thick, slimy lips trembled slightly as he greeted, "Welcome, Lord Vader. We've been expecting you." 

Anakin found himself utterly repulsed by the sight of the green-skinned viceroy. 

He would not be sad to see him dead. 

Anakin took a resolute step into the control center and, raising a hand towards the control panel, the exits around the room, including the door behind him, slammed closed with a decisive bang, a ring of finality to it. The Separatist leaders exchanged confused, bewildered looks. 

Stone-faced, Anakin ignited his lightsaber, and the light of the blue plasmic blade illuminated the horrified looks on the Separatist leaders' faces as they scrambled out of their chairs and flocked to the sealed exits like bleating sheep.