𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟓

❝𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓, 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅.❞  -- 𝑨𝒉𝒔𝒐𝒌𝒂 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒐 𝒕𝒐 𝑨𝒏𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝑺𝒌𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒆𝒓

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Astrid watched as ten squadrons of clone troopers loaded onto the gunships preparing to take off to their designated shipyard. Captain Flynn stood beside her in front of the command tent with his arms crossed in front of his chest. 

On her other side stood Ontara Kuat. His mouth was pursed with what appeared to be displeasure, so Astrid asked, "Is something the matter, Mr. Kuat?" 

His grey eyes slid to hers, and he replied in a silky voice, "Nothing. I just don't want our resources to be injured or killed."

Astrid frowned, and she noticed Flynn looked to Ontara with a frown of his own. "What do you mean?" Astrid asked. 

Ontara only replied smoothly, face turned forward, "There are these predators that like to roam around our shipyards. They eat the metal. I don't know how they do it, but they eat it. I am afraid they will attack these clones." He looked at Astrid and added, "They are precious resources, these clones. We wouldn't want them to go to waste on these predators."

Astrid fought the disgust from showing on her face as she regarded the Kuat aristocrat. He was like many in the Republic who viewed clones as objects, a simple commodity, and not the individuals they were, deserving of rights of their own. In Ontara's words, the clones were but the Republic's expendable resources.

Although the clones were genetically modified to be more docile and less independent so they would be more susceptible to following orders, the clones were still people with a mind of their own. 

Through the Force, she could feel the loathing oozing from Flynn. Astrid's fingers curled into a fist, and she pushed all of her anger and disgust into her hand as she balled her fist tighter and tighter. When she finally released her hand, she could feel the small crescent moon marks engraved in her palm. 

With forced politeness, Astrid replied, "With all due respect, Mr. Kuat, these clones are people, not resources. And I can assure you, they are highly trained, so they should be able to handle any of these unruly predators you have so failed to control." 

Ontara's lips curled into a sneer. "Watch it, General Katarn. Rank is everything in this war, and may I remind you, I have a higher rank than you. It wouldn't take much for me to... knock you down a peg, general." 

He said her title mockingly.

Astrid bristled at his words, and she snarled, " Are you threatening me, Mr. Kuat?"

He gave her a sidelong look as he replied calmly, "I am only warning you." 

If the Separatist were to decide to attack the Kuat planet, Astrid had half a mind to simply let them invade so she could watch the planet and their precious shipyards burn to cinders and ash. 

"Don't forget, Mr. Kuat, that the Republic is the one protecting your planet, and I am the Republic's representative here," Astrid responded sharply. "If you want the Republic's continued protection, it would be best if you try not to get on my bad side." 

Ontara chuckled as he replied, "Oh, but the Republic needs me. I supply them with all of their ships." He waved a hand to the gunships beginning to lift into the air. "These gunships, General Katarn, are mine."