𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟑

❝𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈.❞  -- 𝑺𝒉𝒎𝒊 𝑺𝒌𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝑨𝒏𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝑺𝒌𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒆𝒓

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Master Windu's mouth quirked to the side just slightly when he caught sight of the two Jedi, and he turned to face them fully. "I was not aware you were onboard the Separatist ship," he told them as he took a few steps forward on the main bridge. 

Master Secura only inclined her head and replied, "All is well. We got out on time." She paused before muttering in frustration, "And so did General Grievous." 

"General Grievous?" Mace Windu repeated with mild astonishment, his brows shooting up in surprise. Astrid nodded solemnly. 

"We couldn't take him on anyways," Astrid told him, and Master Secura snorted. 

"Perhaps we could have if given enough time," her former master corrected, and Astrid smiled in bemusement. They had been doing a rather good job fighting Grievous near the end before their ship had been fired upon by Master Windu. 

Master Windu looked thoughtful as he gazed out the viewport at the burning battleship. He seemed to snap out of it, though, and he blinked a few times before turning to the clone troopers. "They are not a threat, captain. You are dismissed," he ordered coolly.  

The captain dipped his head before marching out of the room, the other four clones filing out of the command center behind him. Astrid couldn't help her astonishment at Master Windu's indifference towards the clones. 

In an effort to keep her emotions hidden from the strict Jedi Master, she cast a glance around the room and recognized a few of the Republic officials. There were a couple of clone troopers, but not many. 

She frowned. 

"What mission are you on?" Aayla Secura asked Mace Windu in an even, polite voice, and Astrid turned her attention back on the two Jedi. 

"We intercepted a Separatist distress call," he replied, jerking his head towards the burning battleship in the distance. "So, we decided to come and help." A smile tugged at his mouth, and Astrid thought that this might be the first time she'd seen a laughing smile on his face. 

Master Secura smiled broadly. "Well, I'm glad. We were grateful for the help, really."

"Do you know where the other Jedi are located?" Astrid interrupted smoothly, trying to keep her face neutral and her voice bland and devoid of curiosity. 

Master Windu frowned and crossed his arms over his chest. "Last I checked Jedi Knight Marilyn was accompanying Master Plo Koon to Utapea. As for the Jedi on Coruscant, I believe Master Yoda, Master Kenobi, Master Fisto, and--"

Something about Master Windu's sentence must've suddenly caught Master Secura's attention because she interrupted pressingly, "Oh, I-- or I mean we as in Astrid and me-- better get back to Coruscant then." 

Astrid was still fixated on one of the first things Master Windu had said to take much notice of Master Secura's comment. Did he say Master Kenobi was still on Coruscant, as in Master Kenobi had been in the capital for quite some time?