𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟕𝟑

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Astrid dreamed a pleasant dream, a happy dream. She was racing through a field of colorful wildflowers in the warm, buttery sun, and she was laughing joyfully at something, though she didn't quite realize exactly what she was laughing at yet. She heard Anakin's laughter from behind her, and she twisted her head to look over her shoulder, only to find Anakin chasing after her with a wide grin on his handsome face.

She purposefully slowed down so Anakin would catch up to her, and the moment he did, he caught her in his arms and fell into the bed of wildflowers. Astrid let out a playful shout of alarm as she fell. But Anakin cushioned her fall when she collapsed on top of him. She found herself staring down at him as he gazed up at her with a soft smile.

Astrid knew she was dreaming because it was impossible that she could be here with Anakin. He was dead. Her smile faded away at the realization, and Anakin frowned in response.

"What is it?" he asked as he trailed a hand down her cheek before tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"I miss you," Astrid replied quietly. She leaned her cheek into his hand. "I want to be with you again. I don't want to live a second more without you. I've had enough."

His frown deepened as his ocean blue eyes shadowed. "Don't say that, Astrid," he whispered.

Astrid only sighed before she attempted to stand back up to her feet. Before she could get far, Anakin snatched her hand and swiftly tugged her back down before flipping them so he was on top instead. His eyes glittered with amusement at her obvious dismay.

But her dismay transformed into awe as she studied his face. The sun brought out the red in his brown hair, and his blue eyes were so striking. He was beautiful, really.

"What?" he asked her as a teasing smile pulled at his lips.

Astrid shook her head with a small laugh, refusing to tell him what she'd just been thinking. Anakin's eyes turned mischievous, and he prodded, "Come on, tell me. I won't laugh."

Again, Astrid shook her head as she said, "No, I'm not telling you."

"Then maybe this can persuade you," Anakin murmured before he dipped his head down and kissed her. His lips were soft and warm against hers, and Astrid twined her fingers through the soft locks of his hair as she tugged him farther down to her.

She felt his hand slid up her leg to her hip as his other hand buried in her hair, and she tilted her head to the side as he lowered his mouth to kiss her neck in the spot just underneath her ear. Suddenly, desperation to forever stay in this moment took hold of her. She didn't want to leave him; she was happy here.

"Anakin," she murmured as the edges of her vision of the meadow around them began to dissolve in darkness. "Anakin," she tried again with more force. Suddenly, he began to fade into darkness, and she clutched him tighter as she cried out, "Anakin, no! Don't leave me!"

Astrid gasped as her eyes flew open, and she blinked, momentarily disoriented as she took in the familiar, yet unfamiliar room around her. She was laying on a comfortable bed, and on the opposite wall was a door that led out onto a balcony--

She suddenly remembered where she was. She was in her family's house.

Astrid began to sit up, but firm hands settled on her shoulders and pushed her back down, and a moment later, her mother's face came into view beside the bed. "Astrid, I'm so glad you're finally awake," her mother spoke gently as she ran a soothing hand through Astrid's hair. "Don't try to sit up just yet. You need to rest."