𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟒𝟎

❝𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎.❞ -- 𝑶𝒃𝒊 𝑾𝒂𝒏 𝑲𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒃𝒊

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

When Astrid awoke, sunlight drifted through the blinds drawn down over her window. She stifled a yawn as she blinked a few times to clear her vision. She heard the sound of light breathing beside her, and she turned her head to see Anakin turned towards her, eyes closed as he slept peacefully beside her. 

Her heart seemed to burst at the sight of him. 

His sierra hair was mused, and his face was free from last night's pain and misery. In contrast, he looked relaxed and peaceful. One of his arms was slung across Astrid's stomach, and she realized her legs were tangled with his. Astrid nestled against him as her eyes fluttered closed, fully intending to fall back asleep beside him. 

Suddenly, Anakin's comlink beeped loudly, and Astrid's eyes flew open as she startled at the sound. Anakin shifted slightly beside her, but he remained fast asleep, his arm tightening around her waist. 

Astrid laid there, conflicted, wanting to let Anakin sleep a little more so she could be with him a little longer, but also sensing the need to wake him up since someone was obviously trying to contact him. 

His comlink beeped again, and Anakin let out a low groan as he turned his face into Astrid's side. "Who is contacting me?" he asked blearily, voice muffled against her skin. 

Astrid picked up his wrist to look at his comlink and saw that it was Obi Wan. She resisted a wince. Anakin couldn't ignore Obi Wan's call. "It's Obi Wan," she told him softly as she ran her fingers through his thick hair. 

"Obi Wan can wait," Anakin murmured, voice sleepy, and Astrid realized running her fingers through his hair probably wasn't helping in rousing him awake. 

The comlink gave another persistent beep, and Astrid told him gently, "It must be urgent, Anakin. You should probably go to him." 

Anakin released another groan before he rose onto his elbows, the bed sheets shifting at his movement. He looked down at Astrid with a sleepy look in his tired but sparkling blue eyes, and Astrid couldn't help but smile as he dipped down to kiss her gently. 

But then one kiss turned into three, so before they could go any farther, Astrid pulled away and said firmly, "No more procrastinating. Obi Wan is waiting."  

Anakin ran a hand gently through her hair as he replied, "I want to stay here longer with you." His voice grew husky as he added, "I want to be with you every night." 

Astrid's mouth curled into a smile at his words, and she remarked casually, "Maybe we can make that happen." 

Anakin smiled down at her, and Astrid could feel his gleeful happiness clear as day through the Force. "I haven't slept that well since the start of the Clone Wars," he admitted sheepishly. "I usually don't sleep too much when I am out on the war front. And when I do manage to sleep, my dreams are filled with nightmares." 

Astrid's brow dipped with sympathy, and she pressed a kiss in-between his eyes as she murmured, "I can chase the bad dreams away." 

His comlink beeped loudly again, and the two of them flinched at the loud, obnoxious sound. Anakin let out a sigh and kissed Astrid one more time before he slid off the bed. Astrid buried her face into the pillows where his sweet, honeyed scent still lingered. The sound of rustling clothing sounded behind her as Anakin quickly dressed.