𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟓𝟗

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

The soft dirt sunk slightly underneath Astrid's boots as she strode through the glowing, colorful jungle vegetation beside Master Secura. She could hear the footfalls of the seven clone troopers walking just behind them, all of them alert for Separatist droids.

They were headed towards one of the Republic bases on Felucia on foot since flying was too dangerous with all the Separatist activity on the planet. It would be all too easy for the Separatist to shoot them out of the sky.

Astrid clutched at the necklace around her neck that Anakin had given her. The touch of the smooth wood against her fingers was comforting. Already, she missed Anakin.

Master Secura glanced towards Astrid, and Astrid quickly shoved the necklace into her shirt to hide it from view before dropping her hand to her side. "We're almost there," Master Secura said loudly enough for the clone troopers behind them to hear.

Astrid swiped at her brow at the sweat beginning to bead there from the planet's humid climate. She sure hoped the base had some sort of cooling ventilation.

Sure enough, within minutes they'd reached the base hidden underneath the colorful foliage. Clone troopers hurried all around the base in their white and blue armor, blaster guns hefted up into their hands. Astrid spotted a few wheeled assault vehicles on the left flank of the base, and large blaster artillery on the right side pointed up through the trees to the beige, clouded sky.

It would only take one shot of those artillery guns to destroy a starfighter.

A clone trooper-- a Captain judging by the upturned tilt of his armor on his shoulders-- hurried towards them and said, "Master Secura and General Katarn, we heard you were coming! Welcome to the base."

Master Secura smiled warmly at the clone and remarked, "Of course, Captain Vir."

The Captain glanced over at Astrid with an uncomfortable look, and Astrid frowned. Before Astrid could ask what it was, Captain Vir said, "General Katarn, you have an awaiting transmission call. I can take you to the holoprojector."

Astrid frowned deepened as she wondered who could possibly be contacting her. She nodded and waved a hand towards the captain as she replied, "By all means, lead the way." She dipped her head in temporary farewell at her former master before she followed after the clone.

As they entered into the building, she let out a breath of relief at the rush of cool air. It seemed the builders of the base had been smart enough to put in ventilation shafts to combat Felucia's heat and humidity.

Their boots clipped on the metal floor as Captain Vir led her down the hallway of the base and into the control room in which the base of a holoprojector waited in the middle. Astrid blinked in surprise as Obi-Wan's life-sized holographic figure appeared before her in a flick of blue.

"Astrid," he greeted warmly with a kind smile. He glanced around the relatively empty control room before asking, "May I speak to you in complete privacy, please?" At Astrid and Captain Vir's frowns, he added hastily, "Purely Jedi business, I'm afraid."

Captain Vir dipped his head and signaled for the other clones in the room to empty out into the hallway in wait. Astrid watched them leave, and when the metal doors slid shut behind the clones, she turned back to Obi-Wan.

"What is it you need to speak to me about?" Astrid inquired curiously.

Why was Obi-Wan contacting her? Surely, Obi-Wan would've spoken to Anakin instead since he was on Coruscant with him.