𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟑𝟓

❝𝑰'𝒎 𝒂 𝑴𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏, 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒊𝒐𝒏.❞  -- 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Bo led Astrid to her new quarters in the dormitory building. It was a small room with two bunked beds and one narrow window on the far wall. "You're rooming with me," Bo told her from where she leaned on the doorframe as Astrid walked further into the room. "We don't have a spare room for you, so until we do, you're stuck with me." 

Astrid nodded and replied, "I don't mind." 

Bo only gave her a narrow eyed once over before dipping her head. Astrid turned towards her and, to make her acting part more convincing, asked eagerly, "When will I get my armor?" 

The mandalorian huffed a laugh before answering, "Making Mandalorian armor is difficult, considering it's made out of a specific type of rare metal. So, to answer your question, I don't know." 

Astrid only nodded as her face fell in what she hoped looked like disappointment. 

The silence between them grew and, sensing any bit of conversation was over, Astrid began to turn back towards the room. Bo's voice cut her short as she drawled, "If you're friends with the Jedi, Ayla, I would strongly suggest you don't try to stop his fate. It will only result in both of your deaths."

Astrid took a breath and forced a smile on her face before she turned back to Bo and remarked, "Who said I was friends with him?" She paused before daring to say, "Besides, don't you have the keys to his cell?"

Bo only smirked before saying, "I'll see you later. I have a meeting to attend to." She turned and vanished from the doorway. 

Astrid waited in her new room for twenty-five boring, mind-crazing minutes before she dared exit the room. She darted into the hallway and slipped out of the building into the cold night. Astrid gave a great shiver as a cold, strong gust of wind and snow battered her left side, and she tugged her cloak closer around her, seeking its warmth. 

There were several Mandalorians standing watch around the camp, most of them huddled by portable heaters situated by the few torches lighting the camp clearing in the night. Astrid slowed to a casual walk so as to appear less suspicious as she made her way over to the prison where Anakin was being held. 

When Astrid reached the prison, she quickly slipped inside before anyone could take much notice of her presence. The room was dark save for the moonlight shining through the high circular window in the back of the room. 

Astrid crept forward quietly, keeping her footfalls silent so as to not wake the other prisoners... if they were even asleep. How could they fall asleep when they were so miserably cold? It was so cold in here that Astrid was surprised none of the other prisoners had ever frozen to death. 

Astrid reached Anakin's cell at the far end, and she stepped into the moonbeam that shown down in front of cell from the circular window above. Astrid looked down and found Anakin curled on his side, awash in shadow. He was turned facing the door of the cell, eyes shuttered closed, and breathing slow and rhythmic in sleep. Anakin was shaking slightly from the cold, his chin dipped down towards his cloak as if seeking more warmth.