𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟒

❝𝑨𝒕𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏. 𝑷𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏. 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝒊𝒔 𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝑱𝒆𝒅𝒊'𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆. 𝑺𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒔𝒂𝒚, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆.❞ -- 𝑨𝒏𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝑺𝒌𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒆𝒓

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

As their starship descended through Coruscant's atmosphere, Astrid found herself glued to the window, per usual. There was something about Coruscant's massive skyscrapers (some of which even touched the clouds), the glowing neon lights from the advertisements splaying across nearly every surface, and the horde of starships that zoomed in organized chaos between skyscrapers that intrigued Astrid.

She'd come from Scarif, a small, isolated, tropical planet in the Outer Rim territories. It was composed of volcanic island chains that emerged from crystal clear, turquoise waters, and jungles lines with idyllic beaches.

She'd loved it there.

She used to spent her days thrashing in the ocean waves with her older sister, Sarra. Her family had lived on an island inhabited by just the four of them. It had been a peaceful life. Astrid had been loved by her parents, and she had always been able to find a companion in Sarra, her sister and best friend.

The memories were a bit hazy because Astrid had been taken by the Jedi when she was but six years old, when she had shown signs of being a Force-user. Usually, the Jedi take younglings as young as two years old, but since Astrid had been hidden away on an isolated island on an isolated planet in the Outer Rim, it had taken the Jedi a while to notice her.

To find her.

She'd been on Coruscant ever since, training to become a Jedi Master, a Jedi Knight. But that didn't mean the nine years she'd lived here had habituated her to the view of Coruscant. It still amazed her with its sparkling splendor.

Her eyes easily found the grey domed Senate building that towered over all the other skyscrapers. Nearby was the tan colored Jedi Temple. The Jedi Temple had a trapezoid shaped base with four towers at each corner and one taller tower in the very middle that pierced into the sky.

Both buildings easily dwarfed the rest of the surrounding buildings. Astrid supposed that signified their importance. After all, Coruscant was the capital of the Republic, the glimmering planet in the Core System. It was only reasonable that the Senate and the Jedi Temple would be located here.

Someone stepped up beside her, and Astrid turned to see that it was Marilyn. Astrid couldn't help her surprise. Marilyn spoke as she gazed out the window of the starship, "The view never fails to amaze me, too."

Astrid brows inched upwards. She thought Marilyn had come from Coruscant. She said as such, and Marilyn huffed a laugh as she replied, "No, I come from Naboo." She glanced at Astrid as she offered, "You should visit sometime. You won't regret it."

Astrid doubted she would regret it. Naboo was similar to Scarif in that it had the perfect temperatures and beautiful views. She'd heard it was always between sixty and seventy degree Fahrenheit in Naboo, and all the pictures she'd seen of the planet had showcased glittering ocean blue lakes, leafy green trees, and clear blue skies.

"I would like that," Astrid replied with a smile after a moment.

Maybe Marilyn wasn't so bad after all.