𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟔𝟓

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

It took two days for Darth Vader to fully heal from his second degree burns on his arms and legs. In that time, the medical droids hovered over him persistently as if afraid of what may happen to them if he did not recover... as if Darth Sidious would kill them for their failure. 

When Darth Vader was finally healed enough to walk without a wince when his clothes brushed against his still-sensitive skin, Sidious came to visit. Like Darth Vader, Sidious was cloaked in all black, but unlike Vader, Sidious had his black hood pulled over his head, obscuring the upper half of his face from view. Only his pale lips and the deep wrinkles framing his mouth were visible. 

"I am pleased to see you have recovered," Sidious told him in greeting as he entered Vader's personal room where he'd been tended to by the medical droids over the past couple of days. "I have much to discuss with you, Lord Vader." 

Vader's yellow eyes lifted to Sidious's face as he turned towards Sidious from where he stood by the window, looking out at the stars glittering in the surrounding abyss of space. "What is it, my Master?" he asked, his voice cold with his distain for the Sith Lord. 

One day, Vader promised himself, he would kill Sidious for tricking him and leading him down this hateful path for his own gain, and he would take the Empire for himself. Vader would rule the galaxy with an iron fist. He would strangle any spark of rebellion out of his citizens. 

Sidious tucked his hands into the wide sleeves of his cloak and drew closer as he answered, "You must know by now that nobody can know your old identity, Lord Vader. It would not suit you well. It would not suit the Empire well." 

Vader nodded in agreement. He was no longer Anakin Skywalker, the Jedi hero and the Republic's Chosen One; he was Darth Vader, the Supreme Commander of the Imperial Forces and Sith Lord apprentice. 

Vader needed to be feared, and he was disturbed by the blunt fact that nobody would fear Anakin Skywalker. That was what made Anakin Skywalker weak. If Vader was known as Anakin Skywalker, the people would regard him as the good guy, an ally, though he supposed that may work in his advantage in some situations. His mouth twisted with disgust.

No, he was Darth Vader now, and he needed to be feared-- hated even. 

He deserved it.

He desired it.  

"What do you propose, my Master?" Vader inquired, his face betraying none of his loathing and hatred towards Sidious. 

"Follow me." 

Darth Vader followed Sidious through the black metal hallways of the Imperial Star Destroyer. They came across several clone troopers-- now renamed Storm troopers with their all white armor-- in the wide hallways, and as they passed the storm troopers, the clones stopped and lifted a fist to their hearts in demonstration of their continued loyalty to the Empire. 

Vader didn't spare them a glance. They were not worth the effort it took for him to shift his gaze. 

Sidious led him to the main bridge of the Star Destroyer. The moment they entered the control room, Vader sensed through the Force the tension and unease that immediately filled the officers and technicians. A smirk tugged at his lips at their growing fear. It was progress. 

An Imperial officer dressed in a pressed, grey uniform stopped before them, and in the officer's hands, Vader beheld a black, gleaming helmet. Sidious waved a hand towards the helmet as he said, "You will wear this from now on, Lord Vader, to allow you anonymity. You will be quite a menacing sight with the helmet."