𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟏𝟒

❝𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒈𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒖𝒔. 𝑮𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒔 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅. 𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔, 𝑳𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝑽𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓.❞  -- 𝑷𝒂𝒍𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Astrid tried not to think about Obi Wan Kenobi's words as she handed Anakin a screwdriver and some spare bolts. If the power of the Sith was strong here, then did that mean there was an actual Sith on Tatooine right now?

The only Sith left in the world was Darth Maul's master, the master of the Sith apprentice who Obi Wan had defeated seven years ago. Unless somehow Master Kenobi hadn't actually killed Maul, which Astrid found unlikely. 

"What are you thinking about?" Anakin asked from where he crouched over the power reactor of the starship. They were inside the ship now, which was a relief since the temperature outside was scorching hot. At least inside they were shaded from the suns. 

Astrid's brow furrowed with thought as she replied, "Obi Wan said he sensed the Dark Side's presence on Tatooine. And, well, there's only one Sith Lord out there, the master of Maul." 

Anakin tinkered with the reactor as he said absently, "Well, the Sith Lord could have a new apprentice. There isn't a rule that you can only have one apprentice in your lifetime." 

Astrid rolled her eyes. "I know that." 

Yet, she hadn't considered the fact that there might be a new apprentice. It was a good point, but she wasn't going to tell Anakin Skywalker that. It would only fuel his ego. 

Astrid drummed her fingers on her lightsaber hilt at her hip absentmindedly. She sighed as she walked over to the nearest window and peeked outside. "The suns are beginning to set," she warned Anakin, still facing the window. "Any progress?" 

"Yeah," he answered, his voice echoing in the ship. "I just need to finish with this, and then the ship should start working."

Astrid exhaled in relief. Good. She didn't want another encounter with those native Tuskens. 

It was surprising, really, how the Tuskens had been able to take her down so easily. She almost felt ashamed because of it. She should've been more aware of her surroundings. She should've sensed their presence behind her with the Force. And even then, she should've been able to free herself. 

"Don't feel ashamed, Astrid," Anakin said softly from behind her, and Astrid turned to see him standing with his arms crossed a few feet away. "You're still a Padawan. We're both still Padawans." 

Astrid sighed as she turned her gaze to the ground. "Still, I should've been able to handle the Tuskens, myself." 

Understanding shown in his eyes at her words, and he crossed the space between them in two long strides. "Still, it's okay to depend on others every once in a while. We depended on each other during The Gathering, didn't we? Maybe that had been our lesson." 

As Astrid stared into his brilliantly blue eyes, she understood he was right. Slowly, so slowly, Anakin lifted a hand to her face as if giving her enough time to pull away. But she didn't as his fingers grazed her face as he brushed a lock of hair behind her ear. 

She was deathly still, barely breathing, as if one sudden move would break the spell captivating the two of them. Astrid subconsciously began to lean towards him, and she thought it looked as if his eyes were flicking between her eyes and her lips.